Attorney Orly Taitz suffered a massive defeat in the US District Court for Middle Georgia in her attempts to stay deployment of Army doctor Connie Rhodes.
This is was no short dismissal, but a rending commentary on the frivolous nature of the lawsuit, using such words as:
- Alice in Wonderland
- Any middle school civics student would readily recognize the irony
- remarkable shifting of the traditional legal burden of proof
- Although counsel has managed to fuel this “birther movement” with her litigation and press conferences, she does not appear to have prevailed on a single claim.
- has no substantial likelihood of success on the merits
- not plausible on its face
- She alleges no factual basis for her “hunch” or “feeling” or subjective belief that the President was not born in the United States.
The Plaintiff was ordered to pay defense expenses, and Taitz was threatened with sanctions if she brings another frivolous suit.