To link or not to link

The professional networking website LinkedIn has been mentioned briefly before in relation to the correct spelling of a couple of African physician names. LinkedIn is, in my opinion, a great site for networking with business associates, both as a way to keep up with your colleagues, to find someone to fill a job or to get your own resume out there.

Imagine my surprise when this came in the mornings mail:

I don’t think I’ll accept, given her history of irresponsibly handling personal information. Still, it does suggest an interesting new word, “Taitzesque.”

9 Responses to To link or not to link

Paul June 23, 2011 at 10:52 am #

Sure it’s not one of those “Person You Might Know” invitations generated by LinkedIn? Click on “Who’s Viewed Your Profile” on your page, see if one of the listed is “Nutjob/Birther/Dentist from Southern California”.

Dr. Conspiracy June 23, 2011 at 11:11 am #

No. It says: “Orly Esq requested to add you as a connection on LinkedIn”.

Paul: Sure it’s not one of those “Person You Might Know” invitations generated by LinkedIn?

G June 23, 2011 at 11:38 am #

LOL! And what an apropos term! I agree with you about NOT accepting her invite. No good can come from it. I think she’s intentionally fishing for “discovery” on you and will willfully and maliciously abuse any of your personal info she can get her hands on.

Still, it does suggest an interesting new word, “orlyesque.”

Sef June 23, 2011 at 11:54 am #

It is interesting that a search of LinkedIn with Esq as a last name returns a lot of people. Sloppy DB work.

Dr. Conspiracy June 23, 2011 at 11:56 am #

Another possibility is that this account at LinkedIn is not the real thing. Arguing for this possibility is the inaccurate name. Arguing against it is the fact there’s no other “Orly Taitz” on LinkedIn. Of I had to guess, I’d say it was real Orly Taitz.

G: I think she’s intentionally fishing for “discovery” on you and will willfully and maliciously abuse any of your personal info she can get her hands on.

ASK Esq June 23, 2011 at 1:05 pm #

Don’t accept, of course. If you do, she’s likely to tell the world that you’re now her friend and ally.

milspec June 23, 2011 at 2:04 pm #

I would rather eat Plutonium over linking Orly’s invitation to anything

thisoldhippie June 23, 2011 at 2:36 pm #

Yep she’s inviting everyone on her mailing list. I just checked the email account I use with her and there was the invitation.

G June 23, 2011 at 10:42 pm #

Still definitely NOT worth the risk. Orly’s own history, including recent events, shows a repeated pattern of being irresponsible with other people’s personal information and going out of her way to send that info to her “flying monkeys” and encourage harassment. She’s been part of the recent squawking Birthestani going after the private info of Fogbow members.

Case in point just from today – take a look at her latest post, which is all about publishing every bit of private info she could dig up from public records, Facebook, etc. on “April B” and encouraging her monkeys to go after her.

And who is “April B” might you ask and just what did she do to deserve this? She is just a mere bystander who bumped into Orly while riding in an elevator and told Orly to her face that she thought Orly was a crazy racist. That’s it.

Dr. Conspiracy: It’s also possible that Orly is just inviting everybody on her email mailing list (which I am on). Lots of people on her list are media personalities. Even though technically she knows my real name, I doubt she made the association.