ABA again takes note of Taitz shenanigans

The ABA Journal has a new article titled Scolded by Another Federal Judge, ‘Birther’ Lawyer Orly Taitz Blames Court Clerk for Bad Filing. The Journal wrote:

Attorney Orly Taitz "is either toying with the court or displaying her own stupidity,” wrote U.S. District Judge Royce Lamberth yesterday in a memorandum and order (PDF) striking Taitz’s filing because of repeated violations of a civil procedure rule that requires litigants not to include full social security numbers in pleadings.

Judge Lamberth, appointed by Ronald Reagan, is the Chief Judge of the Federal Courts for the District of Columbia and a FISA judge.

The specifics of what Taitz blames on the court clerk is found on her blog:

Taitz responded to an e-mail from a Legal Times reporter on Monday seeking a comment about the critical order: “Some employees of the DC Court are lying to the judge. I kept record of all the phone calls, faxes and e-mails to the DC court and I have multiple witnesses as well. Some employee or employees of the DC court is/are lying and will be held accountable.”

What I found interesting is the same ALL CAPS commenter we have, ALEX J RYNKIEWICZ , was commenting over there too. However, a more revealing reply about him was made at the ABA site:

Admin at Trembling Pines Mental Institution
Jul 26, 2011 6:07 PM CDT

Please excuse the comment from our patient, Alex Rynkewicz. He’s been giving his meds to his room mate again and sneaking into the nurses station to use the computers.

Another significant comment was:

Tim
Jul 26, 2011 6:55 PM CDT

“Orly Taitz” can be rearranged to spell “Lazy I Tort.”

Read more:

12 Responses to ABA again takes note of Taitz shenanigans

Lawyerwitharealdegree July 26, 2011 at 11:24 pm #

Doc, while it is true that Royce Lamberth is a FISA judge, he is also a federal judge (as all FISA court judges are). But not just any federal judge; Lamberth is the Chief Judge of the Federal Courts for the District of Columbia, one of the most important federal districts in the country.

Dr. Conspiracy July 27, 2011 at 12:33 am #

Yeah, I didn’t write that very well. I’ve improved it somewhat now.

Heaven help us if Obama were to appoint him to the Supreme Court — the birthers would go ape.

Lawyerwitharealdegree: Doc, while it is true that Royce Lamberth is a FISA judge …

misha July 27, 2011 at 1:47 am #

ALL CAPS are used by the semi-literate and the insane.

ShapeShipper3 July 27, 2011 at 6:34 am #

Excerpt.

Refugee living in Hawaii: “Hey! I got a SSN. Cool! What is used for?”

Tarrant July 27, 2011 at 7:24 am #

Neither judges nor clerks edit court filings. Imagine the chaos that could ensue if someone “corrected” something that was intentional? It isn’t the place of the court to decide what is and isn’t intentional by a submitter. Not to mention our courts are already overburdened – give them the requirement to edit and correct filings and attorneys will be less exact and leave those burdens to the courts to fix.

It is the responsibilty of the attorney filing to make sure the rules of the court are followed with their own submissions.

Black Lion July 27, 2011 at 7:46 am #

ShapeShipper3: Judge Lamberth should take note SSA corrects errant zip codes on Form SS-5 applications and take a minute or two to correct errant court filings. What is the point of striking incorrect filings from the record when he could just make a few corrections; as was done on the Obama SSN application?I can see the SSA document examiner in 1976,77 in “Dreams of My Document Examiner,” available soon on Amazon.com.Excerpt.Document Examiner No. 1: “Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. This kid has a Connecticut zip code and a Hawaii address. If I return the application for incorrect zip code, then the kid’s SSN will be delayed. I’ll just make the correction without authorization or approval because I know what is best.”Refugee living in Hawaii: “Hey! I got a SSN. Cool! What is used for?”American Refugee Resettlement Organization headquartered in Connecticut: “I know the kid won’t appreciate this, but we’ve filed all the necessary paperwork and followed procedure to ensure the young man is not deported like his father, Lolo.”Lolo: “I wasn’t deported. I was denied re-entry into the United States. There’s a difference, bozo.”

Sounds like Sven is making a comeback with his fictional theories and his SS-5 nonsense..

Bovril July 27, 2011 at 7:57 am #

Yay Sven, when’s the next installment of Barry and the Pirates, we just can’t wait for the rich tapestry of FAIL.

Northland10 July 27, 2011 at 8:43 pm #

ShapeShipper3: Stuff

Trying so hard not to to comment on the name by changing a couple of PP in Sven’s latest name. Stressful weeks have reduced my self control. ShapeShi…. deep breath….

The change to Sven’s sockpuppet’s name would aptly describe his comment.

AnotherBird July 28, 2011 at 12:17 am #

ShapeShipper3:

It seems ShapeShipper believes that judges actually take the time to correct errors of lazy lawyers, and they get really mad when a lawyer files impeccable paper work.

Majority Will July 28, 2011 at 8:20 am #

A really fun and interesting exchange on Orly’s site:

The flying monkeys predictably hurl feces at reason.

I’ve saved this exchange just in case the queer, quixotic queen finds the dissonance too painful and deletes comments (my file format of choice is PDF, of course).

Keith July 28, 2011 at 8:42 am #

Northland10: Stressful weeks have reduced my self control. ShapeShi…. deep breath….

I’d wait until I had access to a gas mask if I were going to take a deep breath like that, if I were you.

thisoldhippie July 28, 2011 at 12:41 pm #

Okay, correct me if I’m wrong, but if a person that you subpoena is represented by an attorney – the same attorney upon which you served said subpoena – then isn’t direct contact with that person a violation of the code of civil procedure?