Bad advice

I’ve been thinking about the upcoming hearing in Georgia and in particular about Orly Taitz’s witness list.

I am reminded that Orly’s plaintiffs don’t fare very well. The late Major Stefan Cook lost his security clearance and a lucrative job as result of the lawsuit where Taitz was the attorney.

On the witness list for Atlanta, Orly includes Linda Jordan. I would presume that Orly would have Jordan testify under oath that she violated federal law by checking Obama’s social-security number in a federal system available only to employers and then disclosed the results. What lawyer advises self incrimination?

17 Responses to Bad advice

thisoldhippie January 15, 2012 at 9:11 pm #

Her “evidence” isn’t going to get in either because none of the documents are certified from the department from which they came.

Thinker January 15, 2012 at 9:19 pm #

I notice that Gregory Hollister has decided not to get on this failboat–an unexpectedly smart move for a birfer. Why isn’t Orly subpoenaing him??

realist January 15, 2012 at 10:02 pm #

Thinker:

Perhaps the defense should. 😉

Daniel January 15, 2012 at 10:05 pm #

They should subpoena Orly as a witness for the defense lol

Judge Mental January 15, 2012 at 10:37 pm #

Daniel: They should subpoena Orly as a witness for the defense lol

No need, just let her talk long enough. She’ll eventually take care of the defence aspects herself.

Dr. Conspiracy January 15, 2012 at 11:04 pm #

It would be great theater if all Orly’s witnesses took the 5th.

GeorgetownJD January 15, 2012 at 11:23 pm #

“What lawyer advises self incrimination?”

Orly is not Linda Jordan’s lawyer. There is no attorney-client relationship between them, so Orly should not be giving legal advice to Jordan, nor should Jordan be accepting it from Orly.

If Linda Jordan does not have the good sense to seek counsel from an independent, impartial attorney then I have no sympathy for her if she incriminates herself before the Georgia tribunal.

G January 15, 2012 at 11:24 pm #

For those who might not have understood the reference to Mr. Cook as “late”, it is because he actually passed away this past week, due to pancreatic cancer.

The late Major Stephan Cook lost his security clearance and a lucrative job as result of the lawsuit where Taitz was the attorney.

US Citizen January 16, 2012 at 1:44 am #

G:

That’s a pity no matter what his beliefs were.
    Dealing with Orly likely shortened his life too.
    He lost his rep, his job, then his life.
    Well, Orly has already said she can’t sleep at night and this is whether in Hawaii or her own $3 million dollar house.
    I only wish that her insomnia was over the harm and waste she causes and not her own deranged hatred complex.
    Unfortunately, she’s crazy enough to blame Obama for Cook’s death and will never feel the guilt she really should.

James M January 16, 2012 at 9:59 am #

The late Major Stephan Cook

Paul January 16, 2012 at 12:49 pm #

James M: Please tell me there are no mysterious circumstances surrounding this.You know what I mean.

I smell a whole new line of conspiracy.

G January 16, 2012 at 1:42 pm #

Pancreatic cancer happens. I see nothing sinister about it.

Are there possible diet or stress or other life factors besides genetics that can lead to it? I’m sure, but I have no idea what brought it on. Just that it took him fairly quickly, which pancreatic cancer can do.

James M: Please tell me there are no mysterious circumstances surrounding this. You know what I mean.

Dr. Conspiracy January 16, 2012 at 2:54 pm #

GeorgetownJD: Orly is not Linda Jordan’s lawyer.

bernadineayers January 16, 2012 at 3:05 pm #

just curious, what would that make you ?

J. Potter January 16, 2012 at 3:08 pm #

Dr. Conspiracy: Sorry, I thought Orly considered herself the lawyer for ALL of the birthers, the great mother and sustainer of the movement, their queen and saint.

Sounds like she agrees with your assessment, Doc.

Jules January 16, 2012 at 5:50 pm #

J. Potter: She did recently post to the effect that anyone who think they can do a better job of challenging Obama’s eligibility should get off their duffs and do it themselves.

Of course, the overwhelming majority of lawyers are far better than Orly Taitz. The fact that they are good at legal research and analysis means that they are inclined not to be birthers.

G January 16, 2012 at 6:00 pm #

A knowledgeable blogger.

Just curious, what do you think that makes him and why?

bernadineayers: just curious, what would that make you ?