The punk that just keeps on punking

I was searching for something just now and hit upon a web site called “The Thinker” with this on the page:

image

Yup, it’s the old prank road sign that has the backwards word “Hawaii” in Arabic under Kenya and “not the birth place of Barack Obama” in Arabic at the bottom. It was already 5 months old when I wrote about it in July of 2010. Even WorldNetDaily debunked this one!

By the way, researching this article I learned that WorldNetDaily changed the structure of their URL’s in addition to changing the look and feel of their site. Old WND links may fail, but the old content is still around. If you get a 503 Service Unavailable  error, refresh the page and maybe it will work.

10 Responses to The punk that just keeps on punking

J. Potter February 1, 2012 at 1:14 pm #

“I learned that WorldNetDaily changed the structure of their URL’s in addition to changing the look and feel of their site.”

I would love to be able to say this was an intentional, lazy means of covering up their past crazy, but it’s doubtful. (But possible!)

Last company I worked for was an internet publisher; IT came to him with a possibility for streamlining some systems, that would involve changing link structures throughout the system, affecting all clients. IT wanted some time to implement a redirect filter, to maintain the old links. CEO, of course, “Nah! no one will care!” and oh, my lord, how the support calls rolled in.

Current company finally upgraded the central server. Very overdue. The genius that performed the work decided—on his own!—to give the new server a new name, breaking every shortcut and link in the entire company. What a fun monday that was.

Just another sign of technical shortcomings at WND.

Pastor Charmley February 1, 2012 at 1:17 pm #

The article also does what birthers tend to do these days, to claim that Obama was born in Kenya and so the Hawaii certificate cannot be real and then to move on and say that it does not really matter because he’s not the son of two citizen parents, a fact that has never been in doubt.

Make up your minds, people. Either you have only just tumbled to the fact that Obama’s disqualification has in fact been clear all along, or the birth certificate matters. You cannot have your cake and eat it too.

Pastor Charmley February 1, 2012 at 1:20 pm #

Incidentally, ‘the thinker’ is without a doubt an extremely ironic place to find such silliness. There is little thought in the post, and no real sense. It’s not even very well written to be honest, at least one sentence makes no sense at all.

And yes, good English style is important if you want to be taken seriously.

J. Potter February 1, 2012 at 1:53 pm #

Pastor Charmley: Incidentally, the thinker’ is without a doubt an extremely ironic place to find such silliness.

Not all, fits right in with the other posts:

Occupiers, the Movement, and Oakland
    Why does our President feel as though he’s above the law..?
    Green Energy and Environmental Concerns – Are we putting the cart before the horse?
    Time to wake-up America!
    Is Barack Obama an Environmentalist Wacko…his track record is not good

Clearly, what’s needed is an adjective between ‘The’ and ‘Thinker’ … because parroting rhetoric does not require thought. As is, a more precise title would be The Kneejerker … but then such sites typically name themselves in a transparent attempt to manipulate expectations. For a more egregious example, see The American Thinker. Or better, don’t see it! 😉

Bob Weber February 1, 2012 at 2:48 pm #

The first sentence doesn’t even make sense. Quote: “Please, would someone “in the know” help us understand why as though this president feels as though he’s above the law?”

It goes downhill from there.

bovril February 1, 2012 at 3:07 pm #

Looks like “The Thinker” is in precisely the same category as “American Thinker”….

Now if I was a Birfoon, the fact that the names share one word MEANS ITS A KONPIRACY Whomp, Whomp, Whomp…..

Sorry, I got caught chanelling KBOA for a moment

Whatever4 February 1, 2012 at 3:22 pm #

bovril:

Sorry, I got caught chanelling KBOA for a moment

Reminds me of a contemporary version of Rodin’s “The Thinker” that’s on display at the fabulous High Museum in Atlanta. I vote this as the official Art Icon on the Birther Movement. http://www.high.org/Art/Exhibitions/KAWS-Companion.aspx

Dr. Conspiracy February 1, 2012 at 3:32 pm #

I took several photos (not as good as the one you linked to) of Kaws that I intend to use next time Orly loses something big.

Whatever4: Reminds me of a contemporary version of Rodin’s “The Thinker” that’s on display at the fabulous High Museum in Atlanta.

Bill DuBerger February 1, 2012 at 10:02 pm #

Doc – You forgot the “Paul is dead” under the “Welcome to”.

Prankzterz rool.

Whatever4 February 2, 2012 at 12:21 am #

Mine are trapped inside my camera — I lost the recharger and the battery died. Waiting for a new one to arrive.