No news from Indiana; Orly hacked?

Recovering from the shock of having my social-security number hacked from the South Carolina Department of Revenue database, I tried to get back on track, and went to see if there was any news from Indiana about Orly Taitz’s lawsuit, Taitz v. Elections Commission. Here’s what got I at her web site:

Error establishing a database connection

This message means that the WordPress blog software is active, but that it cannot connect to the content database. That could be hacking, but more likely the database server is down, or perhaps a configuration problem. My experience with this error is that it is typically brief, but Orly’s site has been down at least a couple of hours. I hope it gets up quickly, or Orly will go into withdrawal.

image

So far, I haven’t found anything new on the lawsuit, except for a note on the Marion County Superior Court docket dated 10/23:

JACKET ENTRY: ALL PARTIES IN PERSON BY COUNSEL; COURT CONDUCTS HEARING ON FOLLOWING; PLAINTIFF’S MOTION FOR DECLARATORY JUDGMENT; PLAINTIFF’S MOTION FOR DEFAULT JUDGMENT; DEFENDANT’S MOTION TO VACATE TRIAL AND DEFE

Notice that the word “trial” used in a previous order has been replaced by “hearing.”

, ,

21 Responses to No news from Indiana; Orly hacked?

The Magic M October 29, 2012 at 11:54 am #

Probably they got Orly’s SSN from the hack and it was her blog password. ;)

gatsby October 29, 2012 at 11:58 am #

Orly’s host server appears to be located in the eye of the storm: Herndon, VA.

Dr. Conspiracy October 29, 2012 at 12:22 pm #

I was able to trace packets to DC and then they started timing out..

gatsby: Orly’s host server appears to be located in the eye of the storm: Herndon, VA.

Andrew Vrba, PmG October 29, 2012 at 3:17 pm #

aarrgghh October 29, 2012 at 4:12 pm #

Andrew Vrba, PmG: Did anyone else feel that? The internet’s collective IQ raised several points, the moment her site went down.

and when her site comes back up it’ll be, sadly, the internet’s version of “flowers for algernon”.

Dr. Conspiracy October 29, 2012 at 9:31 pm #

Orly’s website is returning a new error: 403: Forbidden

That’s a folder permissions problem. Possibly her site is in the process of being restored from backup. At least things are moving. That would be consistent with hardware failure or getting hacked.

Dr. Conspiracy October 29, 2012 at 11:27 pm #

Not Orly’s site is returning a 500: Internal Server Error

This is something one sees when a site is first installed or the hosting company has something set up wrong. The fact that this is going so slowly hints of a storage failure.

Dr. Conspiracy October 29, 2012 at 11:54 pm #

Well, full circle back to Error establishing a database connection.

Dr. Conspiracy October 30, 2012 at 1:03 am #

Update from ORLY:

Also, my media blaster was tampered with and not working
    I need help from some techies.
    My hosting provider “Network solutions” have been working on this since yesterday. Please,call NetSol, demand they have the service up and running ASAP.
    Some obots are spreading the disinformation that this hacking of my site is related to the storm. This is nonsense (to put it nicely) there is no connection to the storm back East, it is just an obot excuse.
    Regime might be really scared, if they have to go to such an extent of hacking my web site and other programs
    Today I had a hearing in CA, next hearing in Ca is on Thursday at 1:30 pm, department 19, Superior court of CA, 700 Civic Center Dr. Santa Ana.
    Please, come on Thursday to support me.

Andrew Vrba, PmG October 30, 2012 at 2:25 am #

Wow, the dumb broad really thinks that much of herself, doesn’t she?
    I’m not even sure the Obama administration knows she exists, let alone perceives her as a threat. A girl scout carting a wagon packed to the brim with delicious thin mint cookies is more of a threat than she is.

Northland10 October 30, 2012 at 6:41 am #

Dr. Conspiracy: My web site is still under the cyber attack. Originally I was getting a message 500 internal server error. Now I am getting a message 403- forbidden to go to the web site.
    Also, my media blaster was tampered with and not working
    I need help from some techies.

From Network Solutions twitter feed:

Network Solutions ‏@netsolcares
    Via @Rieva Can Mother Nature Take Your Small Business Down?: We warn you about this all the time. Stuf… http://my.web.com/W1u8fe #smallbiz

Dr. Conspiracy October 30, 2012 at 7:53 am #

Orly still down. Now the Huffington Post (also hosted by Network Solutions) is down, displaying only a status page.

Remember, should you have problems accessing this site, I have a status page too, hosted by a different provider in a different part of the country at:

I had the same error message this past July 8 that Orly does. It was a hosting problem, but it was fixed much quicker.

Majority Will October 30, 2012 at 8:18 am #

Andrew Vrba, PmG:
    Wow, the dumb broad really thinks that much of herself, doesn’t she?

Are you sure it’s not Caramel deLites?

Dr. Conspiracy October 30, 2012 at 9:55 am #

I have taken definitive action to get Orly’s site back up:

Dr. Conspiracy October 30, 2012 at 6:24 pm #

Orly’s web site is back up.

Very important! My Judd v Obama case was refiled and assigned to James Selna, appointee of George Bush case # 12-01888

LW October 30, 2012 at 7:05 pm #

From now on, whenever I call in sick, I will say I’m “under the cyber attack.”

misha marinsky October 30, 2012 at 8:14 pm #

“Hello? This is Orly Taitz. I can’t make the court hearing today. My uterus is under cyber attack, and it just exploded.”

Bayou Belle October 30, 2012 at 8:44 pm #

Update from ORLY:

I am still waiting for decisions in MS, IN, TX, KS …

That wait for a decision in Mississippi is about to end. She’ll be filing a notice of appeal — just as soon as she finds the address for that Fifth Circuit she thinks is somewhere in Texas.

JPotter October 30, 2012 at 9:12 pm #

Dr. Conspiracy: My web site is still under the cyber attack.

LOL! Another grammatical classic, a l “All your base are belong to us”!

Dr. Conspiracy: I am still waiting for decisions in MS, IN, TX, KS and a letter from William Sutter, chief clerk of the Supreme Court.

How many zeroes does it take to make a nothing?

Dr. Conspiracy October 30, 2012 at 9:40 pm #

I was going to reply “as many as you like” and that reminded me of an old Soviet joke:

A number of accountants were applying for a job at the Finance Ministry and all of them were being rejected. Finally a fellow goes in and the Commissar says “What are two and two?” The applicant said, “What would like them to be, Comrade?” He was hired.

I understand that after the fall of the Soviet Union, the accountant emigrated to the United states and got a job at Enron.

JPotter: How many zeroes does it take to make a nothing?

Dr. Conspiracy October 30, 2012 at 9:44 pm #

I wouldn’t be surprised if her picture is on a dart board at OFA.

Andrew Vrba, PmG: I’m not even sure the Obama administration knows she exists, let alone perceives her as a threat.