WorldNetDaily admits its ties to Iranian intelligence

Well, how do you read this?

Although it is not known yet who is responsible for Monday’s heinous bombings at the Boston Marathon that killed three and injured more than 100 people, a source within Iranian intelligence services told WND the Islamic regime was behind them and to look for trails through Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.

31 Responses to WorldNetDaily admits its ties to Iranian intelligence

misha marinsky April 16, 2013 at 4:34 pm #

And they accuse liberals of being subversives…

Deborah April 16, 2013 at 6:10 pm #

Having run out of intelligent things to say and educational funds as well, it’s time for me to take some Yale free on-line courses.

I also thought I might mention for those sharing internet with 16-year-old high school students like I recently am, I have noticed that my Google searches have diminished from college material to high school material. What to do? What to do?

Thinker April 16, 2013 at 6:18 pm #

Well, WND might have connections in Iranian intelligence agencies.

Or they might be LYING.

Origuy April 16, 2013 at 6:29 pm #

Deborah, I can recommend Paul Freedman’s Early Middle Ages course. Lots of Byzantine, Caliphate, and European “Barbarian” history.

Deborah April 16, 2013 at 6:41 pm #

Origuy April 16, 2013 at 6:29 pm (Quote) #

Thank you, Origuy. It sounds very interesting. Here it is!

misha marinsky April 16, 2013 at 7:08 pm #

From Gawker: http://gawker.com/5994778/here-is-your-boston-tragedy-for-sale-roundup-of-opportunist-douches?post=58884431

My girlfriend’s mom’s cousin’s veterinarian’s mailman’s accountant’s second cousin made $6129 selling boston marathon bombing related crap online. For more info, check out http://www.wnd.com

Deborah April 16, 2013 at 7:22 pm #

The internet and mainstream media sometimes rely on rumors and hearsay. Scholarly articles are in sharp contrast. According to my library research professor, a news event goes through cycles. The cycle is essentially this: (I had to drop that class so this is not exact)

The first day, the event is reported by local media (television news and/or radio). Over the next few days the event is covered by newspapers. 1-2 weeks later it is reported more in-depth by news magazines such as Newsweek,Times, People, etc. Three months later (more or less), there may be an in-depth television documentary. Six months later more there may be a book. A year later there may be an in-depth analysis in a scholarly journal.

Birther Weary April 16, 2013 at 7:27 pm #

And here I thought all of Wingnutlandia had settled on a Saudi perp. I guess they all do look alike, but what I don’t understand is with all the media in this country, the Iranians decided to leak this to World Nut Daily? Seriously?

Northland10 April 16, 2013 at 8:52 pm #

Birther Weary:
    And here I thought all of Wingnutlandia had settled on a Saudi perp.I guess they all do look alike, but what I don’t understand is with all the media in this country, the Iranians decided to leak this to World Nut Daily? Seriously?

They keep their Iranian agents with all of their experts and insider agents. They even have a white paper on it. It’s quilted.

JPotter April 16, 2013 at 9:01 pm #

Typically empty, wishy-washy “assertive” prose (i.e., noncommittal bullsh*t).

I could swear they fill these conjecture/allegations-posing-as-stories out using forms (or perhaps script generators?), which can have unfortunate, humorous, embarrassing results.

I am reminded again of that job listing from 2011(?) in which WND was seeking work-at-home ‘volunteers’.

They ought to at least read through once before uploading.

Keith April 16, 2013 at 9:13 pm #

Birther Weary:

If you recall your history, it was Iran that invited Joe Vogler (the founder of the separationist and violently anti-American “Alaska Independence Party”) to talk at the UN.

ASK Esq April 16, 2013 at 9:52 pm #

If nothing else, this is the first time that “WND” and “intelligence” have appeared in the same sentence without anything along the lines of “is not read or produced by people with” between them.

Mary Brown April 16, 2013 at 10:20 pm #

And the good dentist says it was Saudis including the student who has been cleared of responsibility .

misha marinsky April 16, 2013 at 10:44 pm #

Keith: Vogler blew himself up, or got blown-up, when an illegal explosives buy went wrong before he could get to the UN.

Convicted thief Manfried West confessed to having murdered Vogler the following year in what he described as an illegal plastic explosive sale gone bad. Vogler’s remains were discovered in a gravel pit east of Fairbanks in October 1994 following an anonymous tip. They had been wrapped in a blue tarp secured with duct tape and were identified through fingerprint analysis. Manfried West was convicted of murdering Joe Vogler and is serving an 80 year sentence.

Keith: But Sarah Palin spoke at their annual convention, twice, and praised them for the good job they were doing.

W. Kevin Vicklund April 16, 2013 at 11:34 pm #

misha marinsky: Also, don’t forget Farah is a Phalangist. Two fascist factions, plus a Settler fascist – Orly.

Ah, that explains why it always feels like Farah is giving my intelligence the finger.

realist April 17, 2013 at 8:17 am #

I think WND’s ties to Iranian intelligence are the little voices in their head.

Kiwiwriter April 17, 2013 at 1:07 pm #

So “World Net Daily” should register as an agent of a foreign power.

misha marinsky April 17, 2013 at 4:13 pm #

Kiwiwriter: So “World Net Daily” should register as an agent of a foreign power.

Exactly what I was thinking. Sounds subversive to me.

Kiwiwriter April 17, 2013 at 4:16 pm #

misha marinsky: Exactly what I was thinking. Sounds subversive to me.

I always said that “World Net Daily ” was part of the “insidious menace of worldwide Communism whose clutching claws and bloody hands are even now wrapping themselves around our moral fiber and American way of life,” as J. Edgar Hoover used to say.

I always had a tough time with that one from Edgar, but his troops had a harder time when he would ask that even more impossible question:

“Guys, does this dress make me look fat?”

misha marinsky April 17, 2013 at 4:57 pm #

Kiwiwriter: “Guys, does this dress make me look fat?”

Hoover should have just asked Clyde Tolson.

Kiwiwriter April 17, 2013 at 4:59 pm #

misha marinsky: Hoover should have just asked Clyde Tolson.

I’m sure “Clyde” told “Speed:” “You look absolutely fit to me, boss!”

misha marinsky April 17, 2013 at 5:06 pm #

Kiwiwriter: I’m sure “Clyde” told “Speed:” “You look absolutely fit to me, boss!”

“That dress is YOU!”

Kiwiwriter April 17, 2013 at 5:09 pm #

misha marinsky: “That dress is YOU!”

Love it!

Remember…Edgar never wore white after Labor Day…

misha marinsky April 17, 2013 at 5:18 pm #

Kiwiwriter: Remember…Edgar never wore white after Labor Day…

Oy vey! Another New Yawker…

predicto April 17, 2013 at 6:35 pm #

Not that the story would have any more truth to it, mind you…..

misha marinsky April 17, 2013 at 7:00 pm #

predicto: I’m wondering if this was a typo and it was supposed to be “Israeli” intelligence.

Disinformation, hmmm….Sounds like a conspiracy…

J. Edward Tremlett April 17, 2013 at 8:00 pm #

Farah also runs the G2 Intelligence site. The information is all hyper-paranoid ranting and raving, but you have to subscribe to get to it. You also have to pay to subscribe.

So it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s got some connections, here and there. But I bet they’re more Curveball than Deep Throat.

Kiwiwriter April 17, 2013 at 8:23 pm #

J. Edward Tremlett:

You have to pay to get into the site, and have to subscribe…and he’s accepting US money, in spite of his paranoid ravings?

Sounds like he’s in it for that noblest of purposes…to con marks.

misha marinsky April 17, 2013 at 9:53 pm #

Kiwiwriter: and he’s accepting US money

He also takes shekels. [bada-bing]

AlCum April 17, 2013 at 11:31 pm #

World Nut Daily being tied to ANY intelligence would be a first.

Terry K. April 18, 2013 at 9:24 pm #

The guy who wrote that article is “Reza Kahlili,” the pseudonym of a self-proclaimed former CIA operative who worked undercover in Iran. The Washington Post has noted that some observers “compared Kahlili with Ahmed Chalabi, the former Iraqi exile who helped convince the George W. Bush administration that Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction.” Indeed, he’s best known for his laughably discredited claim that Iran was planning nuclear suicide bombings with “a thousand suitcase bombs spread around Europe and the U.S.”

So, yeah, it’s a guy using a fake name citing anonymous sources to fearmonger about Iran. In other words, just as trustworthy as the rest of WND.