Whatcha Gonna Do When They Come for You?
First, the title is just kidding. Obots don’t have any authority to offer anything in the way of protection to birthers. I’m just a retired guy who blogs. What I wanted to mention was two recent items where birthers are being singled out by other birthers as criminals.
The first is the obvious Douglas Vogt unsealed affidavit that charges Birther Princess Miki Booth with being part of the group forging Obama’s birth certificate. Some birthers were happy to take that and run with it.
The second is the charge from Carl Gallups that Douglas Vogt said things that were untrue in his unsealed affidavit before the U. S. Supreme Court. Gallups is right, by the way.
Meanwhile one wonders how many more birthers are going to get on the “Zullo is just stringing us on” bandwagon. That sentiment certainly has Carl Gallups upset.
Birthers have never gotten along that well because the prominent birthers want to be leaders, and you can’t have everybody being a leader. Conspiracy theorists are by nature lone researchers and they do not take kindly to competing theories. The messiest example was of course the lawsuit between several birthers, including Orly Taitz, Lisa Liberi and Phil Berg. Then just yesterday we had that whiny rant from Carl Gallups declaring Mike Zullo (and Gallups as his sole spokesperson) the only one who has accomplished anything for the birther movement, calling the rest “jealous.”
Conspiracy theories tend to develop factions—just look at all the Kennedy Assassination theories, or the LIH v. MIH factions for 9/11. Birthers are no different. Their theories include:
- Obama was born in Kenya
- Obama was born in Hawaii fathered by Frank Marshall Davis
- Obama was fathered by Malcolm X
- Obama isn’t related to the Dunhams
- Obama was born in Hawaii to Ann Dunham and Barack Obama Sr. but ineligible anyway
- Hawaii is/is not in on it
- Nancy Owens forged the birth certificate
- Miki Booth and friend forged the birth certificate
I was trying to come up with a list of birther factions, and frankly there are other anti-birthers that follow birther personalities much more closely than I. Here are some:
- Orly Taitz faction, aligned with Pastor Manning
- Arpaio/Zullo faction (Zubots) including Carl Gallups, Mark Gillar, Mike Volin, Miki Booth (with Booth also aligned with Manning). I would put Manning on this list but he keeps calling him “Mike Zulu.”
- Phil Berg faction (extinct)
- The Birther Report faction including Sharon Rondeau
- The Lucas Smith faction including Bruce Steadman
- The Douglas Vogt faction including Paul Irey
- Nancy Owens faction including Nancy Owens
- Donofrio/Apuzzo faction includes Devvy Kidd and a cast of thousands
- Martha Trowbridge/Montgomery Blair Sibley
Perhaps we’ll have a chart someday.