Persistence

Birthers are nothing if not persistent. There are several videos at YouTube where a particularly odious birther posting under the name of ford5522 comments. He doesn’t reply in a materially significant way, but he does reply in a way that I might call a negative robotic style. Whatever you say, he calls it lie and throws back an insult. ford5522 claimed that Obama’s birth certificate number is wrong and I replied, saying that ford5522, nor any of his birther ilk, had any experience with vital records, where I had 30 years’ experience. I said that the certificate number was normal. He replied:

ford5522

+Kevin Davidson LMAO !  So you really have zero idea or any experience of how the certificates are numbered ! To put in terms you retards can understand !  YOU LIED !    LMAO !   Trying to make yourself out to be more then what you are !   Or give yourself credentials you don’t have ! SURPRISE  !  Not one person was fooled ! This Obama clown brigade 101 !  LMAO !    I agree there are people that know things . You are not one of them !  You are no more then a clown repeating what other clowns told…

This guy has been commenting on those videos for months. I stopped replying in general a long time ago, but I still get the Google alerts, and occasionally I make a comment, and when I do, ford5522 is right back at me.

I am reminded of The Fogbow’s motto: “Falsehoods unchallenged only fester and grow.” I contrast that to another approach: “you get nowhere beating your head against a brick wall.” I guess the wisdom is knowing which situation you’re in. In the case of ford5522, I go with the brick wall.

23 Responses to Persistence

Keith March 22, 2015 at 1:53 pm #

It wouldn’t surprise me to find that Ford5522 is indeed a software robot.

I have recently run across a book, “Merchants of Doubt” which lays out the tactics used since the 1950’s to spread misinformation about the science related to cigarettes, acid rain, the ozone layer, and climate change.

It strikes me that the tactics used are applicable to any campaign against reality.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater March 22, 2015 at 2:23 pm #

Yoda March 22, 2015 at 2:40 pm #

Yes, he is very predictable, as are some other others like quill.

Calling birthers persistent is like calling stalkers “mildly interested” in their victims.

alg March 22, 2015 at 4:17 pm #

Now what was that old adage attributed to Albert Einstein about insanity?

Oh yeah, “doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”

Actually, Einstein never said that, but he often gets credit for it. 🙂

Of course, in the case of birthers, it’s “doing the same thing over and over again and expecting universe shattering results.”

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater March 22, 2015 at 4:47 pm #

Yoda:
    Yes, he is very predictable, as are some other others like quill.

Quill is funny. He’ll jump in on a video and when you dispute what he says enough time he just responds over and over again with “liar” so I took up to responding with “Yes you are a liar” simply because I know it annoys him.

Benji Franklin March 22, 2015 at 4:51 pm #

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater: Ford has a habit of responding with the same copy and paste and at least 5 LMAO. His responses are crazy, lack sense and any sentence structure. He’s just a mindless drone.

It’s anarchy really; the facts of reality won’t let Birthers win a logical, civil argument, so they turn over the chess board and upset the apple cart. The bright side is that to any intelligent OR informed audience, even one which hates Obama, their fanciful postings reveal that they are obviously loons or liars.

RanTalbott March 22, 2015 at 6:39 pm #

Keith: It wouldn’t surprise me to find that Ford5522 is indeed a software robot

Most of what I’ve seen from him recently could be robotic, but there is definitely a real human alongside the bot if there is one. The transition to “robo-mode” occurred after a protracted ass-kicking on Youtube in which he tried to propose a legal strategy for litigating the LFBC authenticity that even Sven would be embarrassed to suggest.

Those postings included the trademark grammar errors and obsessive interjections of LMAOs, and strongly suggest that he lacks the intelligence needed to construct a bot, so I lean toward the “cut-and-paste” explanation.

btw, it’s possible to mute the Google+ notifications for particular users. I’ve forgotten how, but it wasn’t hard to find the instructions when I got tired of ford and a couple of other loons last year. So now I only see his babblings if I check out a notification that someone else has replied to a thread.

And he’s definitely “persistent”: even though I made, and stuck to, a decision to never reply again, he’s still trolling me months later.

roadburner March 22, 2015 at 8:43 pm #

RanTalbott:

he was stalking me for quite a while too

click on `report’ on the side of one of his posts and you’ll get a `block’ option come up.

I’ve been using it for some time now with him.

The Magic M (not logged in) March 23, 2015 at 6:01 am #

I’m not sure what the English word for it is, but in German, we call it “plenken” if you habitually put a space before a punctuation sign (or just the exclamation mark). I’ve noticed it seems to point to a mentally unstable character (since on the internet, it seems to be limited to such people, IOW I’ve never seen a nice person doing it).

[Edit: Seems there is no English word for it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plenken%5D

HistorianDude March 23, 2015 at 8:56 am #

Prior to my banning on the Gerbil Report’s YouTube channels, Ford was among the very few birthers that I had on ignore. It made life orders of magnitude more pleasant.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater March 23, 2015 at 10:06 am #

HistorianDude:

Well I’ve been banned for a long time but I can still comment i think it all goes to the google+ page.

Jim March 23, 2015 at 12:01 pm #

Doc: “you get nowhere beating your head against a brick wall.”

Me: “Beating a gerbil’s head against a brick wall is great stress relief.”

Benji Franklin March 23, 2015 at 3:01 pm #

Keith: It wouldn’t surprise me to find that Ford5522 is indeed a software robot.

Ever since the flailing failing of Apuzzo, I have suspected many Birther Attorneys probably specialize in putting drunks back behind the wheel.

So I whimsically performed the following simple Google search:

ford 5522 dui

One of the first few hits from that search, must be what Donald Trump’s investigators in Hawaii were finding out that “you’re not going to believe!”. The same implication of that hit, also probably is the thing Hawaiian Elections Clerk, Tim Adams, claimed that, “Everybody knew” about Obama.

I’m astonished that we have not yet heard plans for The Million Birther DUI Attorney March on Washington.

bookfiend75 March 23, 2015 at 3:30 pm #

I would argue that everyone’s friend Adrien Nash is just as belligerent as Ford5522. He tends to love his own prose, believes he is smarter than all others, and feels justified to label others as moronic and stupid for pointing out that his legal theories don’t match with many, if not all, of SCOTUS’s rulings.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater March 23, 2015 at 3:48 pm #

Benji Franklin: So I whimsically performed the following simple Google search:

ford 5522 dui

I too just did the google and came across this comment he made on one of crazy gabe zolna’s videos: ford5522 1 year ago in reply to G YTRedacted
    Wrong ! If you get arrested for a DWI There is no proof. The officer didnt see you down anything. You are taken in given tests that proves either way if you were drinking or not. Just because he feels you probably were. Or he feels you failed his test. Fact is if he says you were drunk you have to prove you weren’t Even if he is dead wrong and the test prove it you still got arrested on probable cause. Even if no crime was committed . Because he thought you were.

Slartibartfast March 23, 2015 at 5:35 pm #

Adrien is definitely a brick wall and every bit as virulent as Ford5522. The main difference is that Nash unleashes a logorrhea of legal-babble along with his ad hominem attacks rather than just calling everyone who disagrees with him a poopy-head.

bookfiend75:

Dr. Conspiracy March 23, 2015 at 5:44 pm #

For reasons that few will understand, the more significant Google result for ford5522 is this one.

Benji Franklin: So I whimsically performed the following simple Google search:

ford 5522 dui

Keith March 23, 2015 at 8:43 pm #

RanTalbott: Most of what I’ve seen from him recently could be robotic, but there is definitely a real human alongside the bot if there is one.

No doubt. However, Google ‘twitterbot’ to see just how simple the task is.

Lupin March 24, 2015 at 6:37 am #

Is the substance, minus the LMAOs, is there any differences with the tripe that ObligedKlansman, Sven/Phil or Adrian Nash post and repost here ad nauseam

ZixiOfIx March 24, 2015 at 7:14 pm #

The Magic M (not logged in):

How odd. In the past, I have noticed that certain birthers follow German punctuation rules (somewhat inconsistently).

For example, certain birthers capitalize all (or most) nouns, proper and not. As though they retain some of the rules in German, even though they are writing in English.

The Magic M (not logged in) March 26, 2015 at 5:37 am #

ZixiOfIx: For example, certain birthers capitalize all (or most) nouns, proper and not.

I guess that’s just some odd adherence (consciously or not) to the capitalization in the Constitution. As if it made them more patriotic capitalizing like the Founders did.

ZixiOfIx: In the past, I have noticed that certain birthers follow German punctuation rules

It’s most common among non-native speakers like Orly. However you’re right, punctuations like “He was the one, who never…” or “This is a thing, that always…” are typically German (though we’ve relaxed the rules a bit with the unpopular grammar reform some twenty-odd years ago).

Krosis March 26, 2015 at 5:48 am #

Russian also uses similar comma constructions. That explains Taitz’s comma use, I guess.

For some reason, a lot of cooks and inept people in general Like to Capitalize random Words on the Internet. Never understood why.

The Magic M (not logged in) March 26, 2015 at 11:52 am #

Just like “plenken”, it must be somehow connected to a mental deficit. A symptom of things not being wired correctly in the brain.

There’s no real equivalent for the strange capitalization with German cranks, at least none I’ve noticed, although some of them capitalize a little more than grammatically correct (usually as some type of emphasis).

I’d love to read an expert’s analysis of the issue. I’ll ask my psychologist friend if she knows of anything related to that.