California dentist and attorney Orly Taitz has filed a third lawsuit in federal court in Brownsville to stop what she says is the granting of bogus asylum and refugee status to undocumented immigrants and to stop the government from, as she alleges, helping people engaged in identify theft.
— EMMA PEREZ-TREVIÑO
— More at the Valley Morning Star
Classic Taitz stolen social-security number claims make an appearance in Taitz v. Koskinen et al., as Taitz not only sues the Department of Homeland Security, but returns to the Social Security Administration and throws in the IRS. Judge Hilda G. Tagle ordered a joint Discovery/Case Management Plan due by 7/31/2015.
Taitz, not satisfied at the assignment of judge, moved today to have the case transferred to Judge Andrew S. Hanen. She argues that this case is related to the previous two she has filed. Well, duh.
Read the complaint. The court called it a complaint, although it is titled a petition for stay/emergency injunction. It provides good coverage for the conspiracy theories Taitz believes. Some of her facts are wrong. Her document “experts” are not qualified. Much is complete speculation. The response will likely be a motion to dismiss because Taitz lacks standing (and lacks an emergency).
So I am not a lawyer, but I had this notion that “stay” meant the court would stop something from happening, and that emergency injunctions were actions to prevent some irreparable harm. What Taitz is asking for is not some interim action, but that she be given the relief she wants. Specifically, here is the emergency measures Taitz wants:
- Give Taitz a copy of a fraudulent tax return filed using her social-security number.
- Give Taitz copies of all fraudulent tax refund requests filed by people “believed to be illegal aliens.”
- Give Taitz paper copies of all social security applications of persons born over 120 years ago.
- Give the court a particular social security application that SSA has already told her in a prior lawsuit doesn’t exist.
- Same as 4, but released to the public.
- Order President Obama to explain his social-security number having a Connecticut geographic code
- Order President Obama to explain to the court why his Selective Service registration form has an incomplete postal cancellation stamp.
So what, exactly, is being stayed, and what is the emergency? Taitz has already filed and lost these lawsuits. (I’m not sure if she has sued over points 1 and 2.) And exactly how does a judge in Texas order Obama to explain something. Obama is not personally under Texas jurisdiction.
There is a second part of the “motion” relating to immigration issues. It’s the stuff Taitz already filed in Taitz v. Jeh Johnson. Why another lawsuit?
Update: Case dismissed: After failing to serve Defendants within the required 120 days, they filed for dismissal. Taitz also filed a request to withdraw the complaint and that the court grant the dismissal, without prejudice. The Court agreed and dismissed the case October 13, 2015.
Note: The third Brownsville lawsuit is Taitz v. Burwell, a FOIA suit against the Department of Health and Human Services Case 1:14-cv-00264.