It’s my blog and I’ll whine if I want to

Actually, I don’t have much to whine about. My taxes are done and filed, taking the big load off that comes this time every year. I’m even getting a refund. 😉

I got my old computer taken to the recycling center this morning, reducing clutter by .002%. Most of the spring planting is done. The grass doesn’t need mowing. The garbage is out at the curb.

I finished watching again all 8 Harry Potter movies yesterday (I still say they blew the ending.1) I’m singing a solo in church tomorrow.

Life is good.

1I much preferred the book ending where Harry uses the Elder Wand to repair his old wand, rather than just throwing the Elder Wand away. The relationship between wand and wizard is a major continuing theme throughout the stories, and this lack of closure is a disappointment.

11 Responses to It’s my blog and I’ll whine if I want to

Keith April 11, 2015 at 7:52 pm #

Not only but also, Game of Thrones starts up again tomorrow.

(In more ways than one!)

Northland10 April 11, 2015 at 9:24 pm #

“The relationship between wand and wizard is a major continuing theme throughout the stories, and this lack of closure is a disappointment.”

Agreed.

Dave B. April 11, 2015 at 9:46 pm #

I don’t think you’ve got much whining in you, Doc.

brygenon April 12, 2015 at 6:57 am #

Hey! At least write “Spoiler Alert”.

Dr. Conspiracy April 12, 2015 at 7:25 am #

The last book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, is the longest of all.

For Kindle owners: the Harry Potter books are part of the Kindle lending library and Kindle Unlimited for Amazon Prime customers. You can read them without additional cost.

brygenon: I have not yet read all… I’ve been meaning too… I know nine-year-olds tackle them, but the latter ones got so long…

Dr. Conspiracy April 12, 2015 at 7:51 pm #

brygenon: Hey! At least write “Spoiler Alert”.

The Magic M (not logged in) April 13, 2015 at 9:10 am #

Dr. Conspiracy: At the very end Voldemort becomes a good guy and retires to a small hut in a forest glade where he cares for ailing unicorns.

In my preview of the 8th book (to be released on A/Z day), he challenges Harry’s natural born wizardship with the help of Dorlylores Taitzbridge. Harry teams up with another wizard known as the Rambunctious Rafael after completing the Cruise for Cruz. Together they are trying to find the three Tokens of Ineligibility (the Kenyan Wand, the Vattel Cloak and the Trumpshield) before Voldemort does.
    Ultimately, Hermione finds a source that reveals Voldemort’s real name is Juán Jesús Arribarrantxia de los Vol de Mortez, a former street magician from Mexico. Disgraced, Voldemort flees to Canada and opens a car dealership with Mike Zullo. The end. (Or is it?)

dunstvangeet April 13, 2015 at 11:57 am #

Dr. Conspiracy: The last book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, is the longest of all.

Actually, the Deathly Hallows is not the longest book of them. Order of the Phoenix, coming in at 257,045 words is the longest. The second-longest is Deathly Hallows (approx. 198,227), followed by Goblet of Fire (190,637), and Half-Blood Prince (168,923). Then Prisoner of Azkaban (107,253), Chamber of Secrets (85,141) and Philsopher’s Stone (76,944)…

Punchmaster via Mobile April 13, 2015 at 12:07 pm #

Keith April 14, 2015 at 3:37 am #

Here’s a whine wine we can all drink to:

Bailey’s of Glenrowan 19 Crimes Shiraz/Durif

But this is the one you really want:

Bailey’s of Glenrowan 1904 Block Shiraz

The Magic M (not logged in) April 14, 2015 at 5:13 am #

Punchmaster via Mobile: My favorite book in the series is the high controversial “Harry Potter and that time nothing of any interest happened.”

My favourites are:

Harry Potter – The Philosopher Lies Stoned At Azkaban
    Harry Potter – The Half-Blood Formerly Known As Prince
    Harry Pottbama – The Order Of Birth Certificate Numbers Is Wrong
    The Lord Of The Pottringers – The Return Of The Two Hairy Fellows

and of course “Why Mudbloods Can’t Be President” by Mario Apuzzemort.