Blowback from the Confession of Dr. Conspiracy

I got a rather curious message on my answering machine just now. The caller identified himself with a name that would be familiar to some readers here and said he was calling with questions about an article I published, “The Confession of Dr. Conspiracy.” He said that what I had done was “illegal,” and he had some questions from his attorney.

The phone call was along the same lines as an email I also got, which follows (omitting identifying information):

[Y]ou prepared an article entitled "The Confession of Dr. Conspiracy" which you are indicating was published on the internet by accident. Please send me via e-mail any and all information concerning me, or about me, that may have been included in that article. You will also be receiving a cease and desist letter from my attorney.

I have no intention of getting tangled up with this fellow, and I won’t be calling him back. I replied by email that I would respond directly to his attorney.

🙄

8 Responses to Blowback from the Confession of Dr. Conspiracy

The Magic M (not logged in) April 6, 2016 at 4:55 am #

*smh* A cease-and-desist letter to stop doing what? Publishing what he doesn’t even know was published?
    Well, at least his lawyer will write him a nice bill for telling him that makes no sense. 🙂

Sam the Centipede April 6, 2016 at 5:40 am #

The Magic M (not logged in):

No, Magic, imaginary RWNJ attorneys always operate pro bono. In this case the bono is the nutter’s boney brain with its dimunitive and barely functional cerebral cortex.

Doc. C is too kind in not publishing the idiot’s name. How do I know it’s an idiot? Anybody who threatens Doc. C like that can only be a buffoon with delusions of relevance and adequacy.

Lupin April 6, 2016 at 8:47 am #

What a coincidence, his attorney also happens to be his invisible friend!

Notorial Dissent April 6, 2016 at 9:07 am #

Convenient if nothing else.

The Magic M (not logged in) April 6, 2016 at 11:49 am #

Sam the Centipede: Doc. C is too kind in not publishing the idiot’s name.

Would be ironic if he did, see “Streisand effect”.

justlw April 6, 2016 at 5:16 pm #

Lupin: his attorney also happens to be his invisible friend!

He’s from Canada; you wouldn’t know him.

(Hmm, an attorney from Canada, with some connection to birther issues… . I don’t want to start any rumors, but what are the odds that my subconscious would come up with a seemingly innocuous throwaway line without there being at least some substance to it?!)

W. Kevin Vicklund April 6, 2016 at 10:03 pm #

Tell Mark McDaniel we said “Hi!”

CRJ April 7, 2016 at 9:07 am #

Just make sure your ‘trade mark’ fees on [Dr. Conspiracy] are all paid up. Would hate to see you going before Judge Judy. 😂