The Arizona’s Politics blog has been following the unfolding story of posse vehicles in Maricopa County. Questions began to be asked after Brian Reilly disclosed on this blog that his Cold Case Posse car had county license plates on it, as do all of the many sheriff’s posse cars in the county, and in violation of county policy. It was also discovered that the more than 100 vehicles (except when used in search and rescue operations) are not covered by county insurance. Arizona law requires all vehicles to be registered and to have liability insurance coverage.
This could have been a bad situation in case of an accident, because individual posses, who are separate entities from the Sheriff’s Office, could face serious uncovered liability.
Following my article about the Sun City West Posse ceasing operations with county vehicles, we find that posses across the county have all stopped using vehicles with county plates until they can register them and get proper insurance.
I never want to be part of the story, but here I think we did a good thing.
- How Arpaio’s Obama Birth Certificate Investigation Is Likely Cause Of Current Posse Vehicle Grounding, Insurance Issues – Arizona’s Politics
The Cold Case Posse’s “Universe Shattering” Evidence
Opinion: By Brian Reilly To: Kevin Davidson, Dr. Conspiracy
In my last article, published on this site, through the courtesy of Dr. Conspiracy, it was necessary for me to establish the fact that I indeed came up with the idea to request Sheriff Arpaio to investigate what I believed were anomalies that I saw on the PDF copy of President Obama’s birth certificate that was posted on the White House website, April 27, 2011. It was my belief that the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office (MCSO), reported to be the third largest in the nation, would have had the resources to give me answers regarding the authenticity of the purported Obama birth certificate document. It was also my belief that Sheriff Arpaio was among the few who would have the will to take on the project. Unfortunately, the MCSO didn’t do the investigation. On August 22, 2011, Sheriff Arpaio decided to turn the “investigation” over to Commander Mike Zullo and his all volunteer “Cold Case Posse Inc.” so that, as I was told by Arpaio, no tax payer dollars would be spent on the project. As we all know, Commander Zullo’s first trip to Hawaii incurred approximately $9,600.00 in taxpayer funded expenses. The non-profit Cold Case Posse Inc. was supposedly operating only on public donations. But as we have learned, the Cold Case Posse has filed no Form 990s with the IRS and the Sheriff when interviewed said that his office has no financial oversight of the CCP. The CCP finances remain an enigma with zero accountability to the public.
A small item appeared on the Associated Press wire yesterday, stating that the Sun City West posse commander told its members to cease operations, after they discovered that there was no insurance coverage on those Crown Victoria surplus police cruisers with county plates that the posse members had been driving. Note that all the posse cars have county license plates, not just the Cold Case Posse cars.
At this time, Sun City West is the only posse to suspend operations, according Sheriff Arpaio, but others may follow, at least until the insurance issue gets sorted out.
- SCW Posse suspends operations – Arizona NewsZap
- Posse activities suspended indefinitely – Your West Valley
- Halted posse operation in West Valley stirs confusion – Arizona Central (video)
- Sun City West Posse web site
- BREAKING, UPDATE: Posses Not Carrying Insurance On Vehicles Caused Grounding; County Trying To Help MCSO Find Insurance Company; Grounding NOT Prompted By Shot Posse Member – Arizona’s Politics
- Maricopa County Patrol Activities – MCSO Press Release
not with a bang but a whimper
Weather lore says that March comes in like a like a lion and goes out like a lamb. Applied to birtherism, March came in with bluster and high expectations of the great denouement of the “O-bots,” the shattering of their universe. Here on the last day of March, let’s take stock of the month:
- Orly Taitz endorsed by Pastor Manning, only to find herself joined at the hip with his homophobic street sign
- Tea Party Nation repudiates Taitz claim of endorsement
- CalGuns repudiates Taitz claim of endorsement
- Michael Shrimpton video gets no traction
- FBI evidence of theft by threat, witness tampering and felony obstruction of justice by Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office reported
- Former Cold Case Posse member Brian Reilly describes unprofessionalism within the Cold Case Posse
- Congressmen Labrador and Huelskamp express disinterest in Sheriff Joe investigation
- Doug Vogt’s mysterious “friendly judge” does not come through
- McInnish appeal denied by Alabama Supreme Court (7 – 2)
- Larry Klayman faces Bar disciplinary action in DC
- Birther Walter Fitzpatrick III jailed
- Birther Lucas Daniel Smith reportedly jailed in the Dominican Republic
- More delays in Taitz’ Mississippi lawsuit, strengthening Defense case for sanctions
- Supreme Court declines to hear Robert Laity appeal.
- Birther Report doesn’t go live with its new super secure server
- No announcement from the Maricopa County Sheriff’s office about an Obama investigation
- No press conference, charges, investigative reports, or anything else of substance from Mike Zullo and the Cold Case Posse
- Dow Jones Industrial Average up 136 points for the month of March
- Universe pretty much the same
Check out my 2009 poem, “We are the Birthers.”
Now, let’s play the birther theme song!
or something like that
Thanks to a commenter who pointed me to an “Alternative News & Commentary” web site called State of the Nation. Their March 7 article, “’Universe-Shattering Evidence’ Re: Obama Criminal Investigation To Be Announced By Cold Case Posse,” suggests a tie in with recent political instability in the Ukraine:
Why would Team Obama execute the violent overthrow of yet another democratically elected nation on Russia’s border, unless it was a necessary diversion to soon-to-be-presented “Universe-Shattering Evidence“?
They did? The article goes on to say, of course, there are other very good reasons why Obama would literally start World War III, outlining other problems the Obama administration is having, but I would hardly agree with their assessment of the situation: DESPERATE.
Why do they think that the Obama Administration engineered the crisis in the Ukraine? Well, because everything points to it and because, well, because they did, AND, AND, AND [wait for it …….. ]Benghazi!
The site is pretty flakey, linking to the Dystel publicists brochure from 1991 falsely labeled as a biography from the 1991 Harvard Law Review Year Book. (This fake made the rounds in 2012 and again this past January on some Internet sites.)
State of the Nation is an eclectic collection of conspiracy theories from Chemtrails to Sandy Hook. In fairness to them, they have several articles which I didn’t read on their theories that the US engineered the Ukrainian crisis.