New Look

Dr. Conspiracy

Dr. Conspiracy

Obama Conspiracy Theories has a new look as of today. The switchover has been made for primarily to fix some things (like nested comments!), but I was very impressed with the open feel of the text in this theme and the readability. Chris Wallace is the theme’s author (credits at the bottom of the page).

I would really like a bright white theme, more like a newspaper than a blog, but so far one that works and is typographically pleasing has eluded me.

, ,

17 Responses to New Look

richCares March 19, 2009 at 10:26 pm #

The new look is fantastic, what a pleasant surprise. The site is easy to read as the contrast is just perfect! Thank you!

mpandgs March 19, 2009 at 10:38 pm #

You’ve chosen a lovely look, and it’s _very_ readable. Thanks!

Cee Cee March 20, 2009 at 1:21 am #

Wow new look! It feels a little country. I guess it goes good with the hat. 😀

myson March 20, 2009 at 4:04 am #

I kinda like it !!!

mimi March 20, 2009 at 5:27 am #

Very nice, Doc.

Dr. Conspiracy March 20, 2009 at 7:01 am #

It goes with my book shelves.

It took several hours to fix this software and get it working with my content, time I couldn’t spend working on the content. I am really glad to get this over with. It’s a big relief. I expect nested comments are working OK (at least in my tests). Overall it feels pretty solid.

Ian Gould March 20, 2009 at 7:16 am #

Much easier to read. Thanks Doc.

Heavy March 20, 2009 at 8:36 am #

Congrats, doc. The new look is great! I don’t know if you were planning this for a while, but you don’t mess around. One little nesting problem and you overhaul the whole system. You are obviuosly a man of action.

Are you looking for a job?

Dr. Conspiracy March 20, 2009 at 8:50 am #

Thanks. I set up a test blog a couple months ago for evaluating themes, but I got serious about it when the nesting problems appeared. I reviewed maybe 40 themes, finally narrowing it down to 3. As I’ve commented before, the nice looking themes always have something broken, and this one was no exception. Fortunately however, the problems were not so deep in the code that I couldn’t find them and the fix wasn’t so complicated that my meager knowledge of PHP (the language this blog software is written in) couldn’t deal with it.

If I ever get back to Chicago, we should have lunch. I suspect it will be a much more interesting conversation than what transpires on the blog.

Heavy March 20, 2009 at 9:03 am #

It would be a pleasure. And yes, I’m much more engaging in person!

meson March 20, 2009 at 9:10 am #

Well done!☺

LaLee March 20, 2009 at 10:31 am #

Ironically it wouldn’t be surprising if some of the Obama’s birth conspiracy theorists are actually engaging and (Relatively) sane in person than what their comments would have suggest.

Anonymity allows people to be a very different person compared to their normal personalities.

Jez March 20, 2009 at 10:45 am #

PHP isn’t overtly difficult to work with. I do really like this theme though. Very nice look. Easy to read.

Chris Wallace March 20, 2009 at 1:55 pm #

Thanks for using one of my themes. It really looks great! Mad props on the implementation.

Heavy March 20, 2009 at 3:23 pm #

Well, I’m just as adamant about my beliefs in person. It’s just that letters on a screen (Or page) cannot convey emotion. I’m also not the best writer, as you can tell.

I_Heart_Unicorns March 20, 2009 at 10:28 pm #

cute

Cee Cee March 21, 2009 at 3:06 pm #

Dr.C I hope you don’t mind me doing this here. I am trying to post this up at every place I normally post at.

Hey everyone, I just wanted people to know that Time Magazine has their “World’s Most Influential People in 2009” poll up, so go vote for Obama. He is currently at a low spot. So we need to bring our Cool-Cat-Mega-Hot President to the #1 spot.