Here we continue the analysis of a A Catalog of Evidence – Concerned Americans Have Good Reason to Doubt that Putative President Obama Was Born in Hawaii by attorney Mario Apuzzo. We’re adding up the value of the items in his catalog picking up from Birther math Part 5.
This is the next to last (HOORAY!) installment of “Birther math.” So far in parts 1-5, we have seen an attorney do what attorneys are trained to do: create doubt. Unfortunately the doubt is build on unsupported claims, outright false statements, and clever tricks of rhetoric that my High School English teacher taught us were wrong to use. So far, it’s nothing that hasn’t been hashed and rehashed on the Internet and been debunked on this web site, the mainstream press and fact checking and debunking web sites. The score entering part 6 remains a goose egg.
Let’s move on to item 26.
(26) Nancy Pelosi, in her capacity as the Chair of the Democratic National Convention, signed an affidavit to 50 states certifying that Obama was nominated for the Office of President. In many of the 50 states, Pelosi did not address the issue of Obama’s Article II “natural born citizenship” qualifications….
This is a good example of misdirection. The fact is that Nancy Peolsi signed a statement under oath that Barack Obama was eligible and sent it to one or more states (the copy for Hawaii is on this web site). Apuzzo is asking his readers to believe that Obama is not eligible because Pelosi didn’t swear it 50 times.
(27) Attorney Phil Berg has filed with a Federal Court an affidavit in which an investigator recounts how he went to the hospital in Mombasa, Kenya and was told by officials there that Obama was born in that hospital;
And like Apuzzo’s document expert, the investigator has no name. Apuzzo would be laughed out of court if he tried to slip in this hearsay of an anonymous person. He might as well say that “a dog that I have never seen before or since ate my evidence.” And hey, why would they tell the investigator this if Berg’s other claim that the birth certificate was “TOP SECRET” is true. Berg can’t have it both ways. Apuzzo is impeached by his own source!
(28) [Summary by Dr. Conspiracy: Twin children named Nordyke were born the day after infant Obama. The date filed on their birth certificate (available on the Internet) is later than the date filed on the Obama COLB, but the Obama certificate has a slightly (3) higher state file number. One would expect the numbers to increase on order of the date of filing.]
We’ve spent quite some time on the Obama Conspiracy Theories blog discussing this question. Several possible scenarios have been offered. Apuzzo spins some fantasy history of what went on in the hospital — mothers hanging out in imaginary lounges, something else lawyers are good at, creating alternate versions of things. The fact remains that the Obama and Nordyke certificate numbers are very close (10638 and 10641) and the births were very close, August 4 and August 5. The forms should have been relatively close together in batches and they may have been physically fed into the number stamping machine in most any order. Certainly there is no fraud scenario indicated by the slightly out of order state file numbers.
(29) … The Minister for Lands, Mr. Orengo [stated in a parliamentary debate that] …”If America was living in a situation where they feared ethnicity and did not see itself as a multiparty state or nation, how could a young man born here in Kenya, who is not even a native American, become the President of America? …”
Since Mr. Orengo has no reason to know where President Obama was born (assuming he is correctly interpreted as saying Obama was born in Kenya), his remark carries no evidentiary weight. The Minister of Lands oversees property and deeds in Kenya, not birth registration.
(30) Another Kenyan Minister on April 14, 2010, made a statement about Obama’s origins and says that Obama should repatriate himself to Kenya. “What commitment did they make about compensation and more importantly, the biggest artefact [sic] in the USA today that belongs to this country is one Barrack Obama. How does he intend to repatriate himself or part of the money that is realized from all the royalties that he is attracting across the whole world?”
Somewhat confusing, this statement again is put forward with no explanation of how the person who made it has knowledge of where Barack Obama was born. The testimony of someone without specific knowledge of what they are saying carries no weight.
Same old stale stuff, and we’re reaching the end. Stay tuned for Part 7.