Based on the Strunk FOIA documents, the following is the how I assemble the chronology of Stanley Ann Dunham’s passport applications. The documents can be confusing because they are not presented or labeled in date order. Passport applications are labeled “P1”, “P2” and “P3”. There is also a request for a waiver (page 6) to enter the US in 1971.
- March 15, 1965. Stanley Ann Dunham marries Lolo Soetoro (P1)
- July 19, 1965. Stanley Ann Dunham Soetoro is issued passport number F777788. The actual application was presumed destroyed in the 1980s, but it and its date are referenced at least 3 times in subsequent documents. (P1, P3, Waiver)
- June 29, 1967. Stanley Ann Dunham Soetoro applied to amend her passport to use her married name, Stanley Ann Soetoro. (P3)
- July 19, 1968. Passport expires. (Passports issued in 1965 were good for 3 years.)
- August 13, 1968. Stanley Ann Soetoro applies to have her passport extended (renewed) for two years, through July 18, 1970. Passports issued in 1965 could be renewed only for two years.
- July 19, 1970. Passport Expires.
- October 21, 1971. Stanley Ann Soetoro attempts to enter the US with an invalid (expired) passport. She requests a waiver, which is granted. (Waiver)
- January 4, 1972. Stanley Ann Dunham Soetoro applies for a passport to return to Indonesia. This passport, due to a change in the law, will be valid for 5 years. (P2)