Birth Certificate T-Shirt

Obama for America is offering a limited edition t-shirt for a $30 donation. The “Made in the USA” logo shirt has a picture of the long-form birth certificate on the back.

There’s no way to make this stuff completely go away. The only thing we can do is laugh at it–”and make sure as many other people as possible are in on the joke.

Made in USA t-shirt (click for more information)

I wonder where the t-shirt is manufactured 😉

15 Responses to Birth Certificate T-Shirt

Sean May 18, 2011 at 3:32 pm #

They also have a mug for $15.

I’m gonna get one.

Expelliarmus May 18, 2011 at 4:56 pm #

I wonder where the t-shirt is manufactured I would hope the campaign has the common sense to sell only American-made goods bearing a union label.

Daniel May 18, 2011 at 5:05 pm #

Expelliarmus:

They are 100% American made.

For some reason, however, a fringe element of the grass-stained textiles party insist they have Kenyan labels

richCares May 18, 2011 at 6:43 pm #

I don’t like T Shirts, but I did order the Mug
    If I knew his address I would send one to the “RetardedIntelligence” officer

Obsolete May 18, 2011 at 8:26 pm #

I’m gonna buy the one with Trump’s tax returns on it.
    Oh, wait, for some reason they don’t make that shirt…

y_p_w May 20, 2011 at 4:46 pm #

Daniel: They are 100% American made.

There aren’t many t-shirt manufacturers left in the US save maybe American Apparel and those sweatshop-like factories making low-quality tourist t-shirts. Russell Athletic, Hanes, and FOTL used to be big, but they’ve primarily moved their production offshore.

I think there are still textile mills making fabric in the US, but that’s mostly going offshore for cutting and final assembly.

And since our Prez is from Hawaii, I would note that many Aloha shirts tailored in Hawaii say “Made in Hawaii of imported fabric”. I’m wondering why they couldn’t have made a print of this on an Aloha shirt.

Daniel May 20, 2011 at 5:49 pm #

y_p_w: There aren’t many t-shirt manufacturers left in the US save maybe

You didn’t really take me seriously…. did you?

Expelliarmus May 20, 2011 at 7:08 pm #

Actually, I checked my Obama-wear from 2008 & it had US flag labels (indicating American made) – there are many sources for US-made clothing.

Majority Will May 20, 2011 at 7:12 pm #

Expelliarmus:
    Actually, I checked my Obama-wear from 2008 & it had US flag labels (indicating American made)– there are many sources for US-made clothing.

Good to know.

Dr Kenneth Noisewater (Bob Ross) May 20, 2011 at 7:23 pm #

Expelliarmus:

Well compared to Trump whose clothing line is made in China it’s kinda funny how Trump harped on about China.

Retired Inteligence Officer May 20, 2011 at 9:43 pm #

They are probably Kenyan made.

y_p_w May 20, 2011 at 10:19 pm #

Daniel: You didn’t really take me seriously…. did you?

Not really. I understood that you meant it tongue in cheek. However, I was just thinking about how rare “100% American Made” is these days. I doubt most people realized that so much “Made in USA” clothing was made with legal/illegal immigrant labor.

Daniel May 21, 2011 at 1:01 am #

Retired Inteligence Officer:
    They are probably Kenyan made.

Called it !!!!!!!!!

Sean May 21, 2011 at 9:49 am #

Doc, I think the T-shirt is available for a $25 donation, not $30.

Dr. Conspiracy May 21, 2011 at 3:55 pm #

Sean:
    Doc, I think the T-shirt is available for a $25 donation, not $30.

It depends on where you click. One page had it for $25 and the other for $30.