Obama sued for emotional cruelty?

OK, this is probably more of a scam than a lawsuit (PayPal button and all that), but it’s a novel idea. The Citizens Class Action Against Obama web site is advertising for plaintiffs for a class action lawsuit against Barack Obama for:

… constant anxiety, worry, fear of the future, anxiety or panic attacks, depression, insomnia or poor sleep patterns to include nightmares, increased alcohol consumption, need for tranquilizers or therapy to keep you calm, mood changes, marital problems – particularly if one spouse voted for Obama resulting in feuds which is not uncommon, inability to focus on, or an interruption of your daily tasks and life, etc.

And if that doesn’t work, they’re throwing in that Obama isn’t eligible. They are demanding Obama be removed from office  if he doesn’t cough up his adoption papers and passport within 48 hours.

The lawsuit is doomed because the plaintiffs lack standing and because it is a political question. The domain registrant is concealed, but the PayPal link goes to the right-wing USIntel.net which is supposedly published by AmFinAd, Inc., a name associated with questionable mortgage reduction and debt relief web sites (that share the same crappy web design).

This might be an advance fee fraud scam where the initial $1 PayPal request is just to get a sucker in the door, with more money demanded for legal fees, etc. to follow.

18 Responses to Obama sued for emotional cruelty?

Majority Will August 2, 2011 at 7:49 pm #

So in fairness, GW owes all of us a hefty fortune.

“I miss being pampered.” –George W. Bush, reflecting on his presidency, University of Texas at Tyler, Oct. 19, 2010

Bovril August 2, 2011 at 7:56 pm #

Well, it has to be said thge Birfoon pathology is stated quite cirrectly

US Citizen August 2, 2011 at 8:22 pm #

Great scam!

I love the part about one spouse voting for the opposing party.

One dollar per moran (sic), nothing promised in return!
    Step right up!

“If God didn’t want them sheared, he would not have made them sheep” – Calvera in The Magnificent Seven

katahdin August 2, 2011 at 8:24 pm #

Bovril: they did however leave out racism, bigotry, stupidity, inability to grasp basic facts, inability to understand the Constitution, seditious behaviour and general muppetry.

Don’t be silly. They don’t suffer from those things. They enjoy them.

katahdin August 2, 2011 at 8:27 pm #

This reminds me of the Jones V. Obama case awhile back. That unfortunate woman blamed President Obama for the planes that flew over her house, keeping her awake, and bragged that her neither of her parents had ever left the country.

BatGuano August 2, 2011 at 9:30 pm #

US Citizen:
    Great scam!

agreed. color me envious.

didn’t gary kreep have a deal way back in the day where, for $30, he’d send you a bumper sticker and a fax to the white house in your name?

red-diaper baby 1942 August 3, 2011 at 1:08 am #

I’ve been feeling pretty depressed and anxious the last couple of weeks. Can I sue Congress? Or perhaps just the Tea Party?

US Citizen August 3, 2011 at 4:48 am #

red-diaper baby 1942:

I think you’ll have to split the cases.
    If you’re anxious, that’s one thing.
    But if you’re depressed, you’re probably sitting a lot and therefore can’t possibly have standing.
    The law is very tricky about these sort of things, you know.

I’m personally waiting for all the birthers who don’t sue because then I can have them all arrested for misprision of felony.
    You can learn a lot from Orly. 😉

AnotherBird August 3, 2011 at 5:17 am #

G August 3, 2011 at 9:17 am #

Agreed!

AnotherBird: The complaints should just see a psychiatrist. A psychiatrist would be the best trained to deal with the core of their complaint.

Thrifty August 3, 2011 at 9:59 am #

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater (Bob Ross) August 3, 2011 at 12:08 pm #

Thrifty: I’m gonna sue Delta Airlines. They sold me a ticket to New Jersey. I went there, and it sucked.

You should have known New Jersey sucked before going there. There are plenty of Kevin Smith movies on the subject

Thrifty August 3, 2011 at 2:24 pm #

Does this mean I can sue my employer for stressing me out? I have more grey hairs than I think a man of 30 should, and I blame this job.

Of course, I was even more stressed out before I got this job, on account of the $32,000 in debt and $0 of income. That could hurt my case… Hmm….

J.Potter August 3, 2011 at 3:11 pm #

34 and nearly snow-white …. I’ll join in on that one! We can make it a class action, nvm that we have different employers (we do … right?). A class action against ALL employers! Yeah!

Oh, and the fact that my mom was grey at 30, white at 40 has nothing to do with it.

Thrifty:

Of course, I was even more stressed out before I got this job, on account of the $32,000 in debt and $0 of income.That could hurt my case…Hmm….

Daniel August 3, 2011 at 3:39 pm #

If I was afraid of Spiders, could I then sue God, and the Church as His representatives, for having creates them, without which I would not be suffering from Arachnophobia……?

Dr. Conspiracy August 3, 2011 at 9:16 pm #

I’m assuming you meant this as a joke, but there may be a cause of action if your employer tolerates a hostile workplace. There are plenty of them.

Thrifty: Does this mean I can sue my employer for stressing me out?

Keith August 4, 2011 at 3:40 am #

Daniel:

Why not, Billy did… http://youtu.be/9ZfJywXiRyw

LMK August 7, 2011 at 5:55 pm #

Ok, this is hilarious! I love this. They can’t get Obama on anything so they are suing him for insomnia and anxiety.

These folks just don’t pay attention. I hope they get a really expensive lawyer. I hope they pay lots of $ just to get a judge to sat GTFOMC!

Oh, and they will have to pay for medical visits, psychiatric visits, etc if they hope to show that their assertion has any truth behind it.

Good luck, idiots!