Taitz radio (W’RLY?)

imageOrly Taitz announced [link to Taitz web site] that an AM radio station in Atlanta has offered the ersatz attorney her own radio show! Taitz says her show will be at 8 PM Eastern US time on 1620 AM and available for streaming and podcast.

The problem? Taitz doesn’t mention the name of the station, only its frequency, 1620 kHz. There is no licensed AM radio station in Georgia on that frequency according to the FCC AM broadcast license query page1. So what is this? I figured it must be one of those unlicensed low-power station run under FCC rules Part 15, a station whose effective range is limited to around 200 feet.

I spent a lot of time trying to figure this one out before I finally found it through the station’s phone number, which ends in “1620.” “Radio Sandy Springs” (Sandy Springs is in the Atlanta metro area) is essentially a collection of micro transmitters scattered around Sandy Springs all carrying the same audio programming. It also sends some programming through Blog Talk Radio. The station also goes under the name America’s Web Radio and Bold Ventures Radio. Their web site contains a video in support of Terry Lakin. With that big clue, I tracked down a page on the Terry Lakin Action Fund web site with links to both Radio Sandy Springs and the Orly Taitz web sites, and having nailed that down, I was able to confirm that Radio Sandy Springs “broadcasts” at 1620 kHz.

1There may have been a station, WRJG in Jefferson City, Georgia, on 1620 but it doesn’t appear to be operating now.

, , ,

13 Responses to Taitz radio (W’RLY?)

Joey September 9, 2011 at 8:47 pm #

Does the Orly Show run from 8 PM until 8:01 PM ? If it does, I’ll check it out.,

Terry K. September 9, 2011 at 10:06 pm #

You’re right, Doc — Radio Sandy Springs is a low-power AM station broadcasting with a 0.1 watt flamethrower. They claim a maximum broadcasting radius of one mile.

Dr. Conspiracy September 9, 2011 at 10:43 pm #

OK, they have a whole bunch of tiny transmitters to cover a larger area, sort of a cellular network. So is Orly going to replace “Acupuncture Today?” I guess the big question is what night she’ll be on and whether her show will go head to head with Reality Check Radio.

Terry K.:

misha September 10, 2011 at 12:57 am #

“I was able to confirm that Radio Sandy Springs “broadcasts” at 1620 kHz.”

You solved the mystery- thank you.

It was at 1620 kHz that Bush heard God tell him to invade Iraq. Kudos!

Lupin September 10, 2011 at 4:06 am #

Wouldn’t it be more cost-effective to buy a loudspeaker?

Bran Mak Morn September 10, 2011 at 5:13 am #

When I went looking, I found this small town radio station listed:

Are they one and the same? Either way, yours is clearly the one she would be on… and of course it’s a big deal… it means the FCC supports her, just as being in the presence of Rick Perry means Perry supports her..

Reality Check September 10, 2011 at 8:45 am #

I may catch this exciting show airing at noon on Radio Sandy Springs: “12PM Sheep and Goat Radio Hour with Ray Bowman”.

I came to the same conclusion that it was a station operating under FCC Part 15. I suppose if Orly schedules her show opposite RC Radio I will have to find another time slot. There is no way I could complete with comedy like that. 😆

Dr. Conspiracy September 10, 2011 at 5:10 pm #

As far as I can tell WRJG is defunct.

misha September 10, 2011 at 7:22 pm #

As far as I can tell WRJG is defunct.

How about WOLD? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1TUgWGuKM8&feature=related

misha September 11, 2011 at 8:17 am #

misha: It was at 1620 kHz that Bush heard God tell him to invade Iraq.

When you talk to God, you are praying. When God talks to you, you are schizophrenic.

Zhu Bajie September 12, 2011 at 2:22 am #

How long before she steps up to Shortwave radio? I’m sure WWCR (World-Wide Crackpot Radio) has a time for her, if she has the money!

ASK Esq September 12, 2011 at 5:14 pm #

Maybe 1620 just represents the year Orly and the other birthers wish they were living in.

Sef September 12, 2011 at 10:03 pm #

ASK Esq:

The probability that any of the birthers’ ancestors were on the Mayflower is infinitesimal.