Bad blood boils: Berg blasts birther

It happened to me: I mistakenly believed that Philip J. Berg’s law license had been suspended and even wrote it into an article (now corrected). Apparently I wasn’t the only one fooled.

According to Phil Berg (letter to the Court embedded at the end of this article), defense counsel Kim  Schumann and Jeffrey Cunningham in the Liberi v. Taitz lawsuit bought the story from their client Orly Taitz too, and contacted the court and had Berg removed as counsel for the plaintiffs saying he had lost his license.

Berg states in his letter to the Court that this false statement was “repeatedly posted all over the Internet  and sent through RSS feeds to millions of websites and Individuals; and repeatedly mass Emailed….” (I learned about it from a mass email directly from Orly Taitz.)

Berg demands sanctions and costs for having to respond to the false allegation.

As best I understand the facts, a recommendation was made that Berg be suspended, but no decision has actually been made to do it.

Somebody give Berg a cookie

In a more bizarre part of the story, Berg alleges his computer system was attacked by Taitz, who attempted to put tracking software on it. He shows a screen shot from Norton Internet Security detecting an “intrusion attempt” while visiting her site: Norton rated the threat “high.” Google reports that the Taitz site has been clean for the past 90 days. Recall that the Taitz web site has had problems in the past with malicious software on it and the early days of her web site were accompanied by claims of being hacked, and PayPal contributions stolen, directed against Lisa Ostella, another plaintiff in the Liberi suit.

Read all 167 legal documents in the case. What mess!

Liberi v Taitz – Appellees Resp. to Taitz and DOFF’s Ltr

, , , , ,

19 Responses to Bad blood boils: Berg blasts birther

Jim August 14, 2012 at 8:50 pm #

Dr. Conspiracy August 14, 2012 at 9:02 pm #

That part sounded strange.

Jim: Sounds like Orly’s House of Malware tried to take over Phil’s Computer! SHUT HER DOWN!!! hehehe

Bob August 14, 2012 at 9:06 pm #

If it’s a Birther-on-Birther offense I don’t know that I care.

Jim August 14, 2012 at 9:18 pm #

That part sounded strange.

Not really, anyone that goes to her site better have their virus software up-to-date. Berg probably got a virus warning when he went to her site and not being computer saavy thought it was trying to take over his computer.

Dr. Conspiracy August 14, 2012 at 9:33 pm #

I’ve always found anti-malware software to be alarmist in nature, but Norton, in the screen shot provided by Berg, did say the Severity of the intrusion attempt was “high.”

Jim: Berg probably got a virus warning when he went to her site and not being computer saavy thought it was trying to take over his computer.

Squeeky Fromm, Girl Reporter August 14, 2012 at 11:40 pm #

I think this whole thing needs to be handed over to the Cold Case Posse for a thorough investigation. Perhaps Zullo and Berg can collaborate on a book during the process???

Squeeky Fromm
    Girl Reporter

Thrifty August 15, 2012 at 12:16 am #

I’ve got SuperAntiSpyware (Freeware anti-spyware program) and Kaspersky Antivirus, and run Firefox. Orly’s site has never given me anything worse than sore eyes from all the terrible formatting.

Paul August 15, 2012 at 12:19 am #

Squeeky Fromm, Girl Reporter:

Squeeky Fromm
    Girl Reporter

Huzzah!!!!

Paul August 15, 2012 at 12:21 am #

Oooh, I like my avatar! That’s actually pretty much what I look like!

G August 15, 2012 at 12:28 am #

LOL! 😉

Paul: Oooh, I like my avatar! That’s actually pretty much what I look like!

Paper August 15, 2012 at 1:00 am #

Some people just can pull off that tongue-on-cheek look.

Paul:
    Oooh, I like my avatar!That’s actually pretty much what I look like!

realist August 15, 2012 at 8:14 am #

When the court of appeal posted that Berg had been removed by placing the entry on their docket, within minutes they were informed of their error, and it was corrected.

Andrew Vrba, PmG August 15, 2012 at 9:04 am #

Mmmmm Birther-on-Birther hate. Tastes like happy!

Dr Kenneth Noisewater August 15, 2012 at 9:43 am #

If Berg goes after Taitz this would be sad if after all the crap she’s done this is the thing that gets her disbarred by California.

bgansel9 August 15, 2012 at 12:23 pm #

Food Fight? And just in time to use it as a chaser for the $748k hotel bill that Judson Phillips owes. LOL

Thomas Brown August 17, 2012 at 4:34 pm #

“give Berg a cookie”

I had missed the pun on “Berger Cookies.” Nice.

Dr. Conspiracy August 17, 2012 at 6:40 pm #

Actually, that wasn’t intended. The “joke” referred to a browser cookie used for Internet tracking.

We don’t have Berger Cookies around here:

Thomas Brown: I had missed the pun on “Berger Cookies.” Nice.

Thomas Brown August 17, 2012 at 9:50 pm #

Actually, that wasn’t intended.

We don’t have Berger Cookies around here…

Hey! Isn’t that like Wayne Root claiming he never saw or even heard of Obama at Columbia, and that he was going by Barry Soetoro at the time?! 😉

Thrifty August 18, 2012 at 9:44 am #

Thomas Brown:
    “give Berg a cookie”

I had missed the pun on “Berger Cookies.”Nice.

Berger Cookies are awesome. It’s such a simplistic recipe, but so good. I guess because the chocolate is so thick. My brother lives in the suburbs of Baltimore and always brings a pack or two to family gatherings.