Georgia: Birther legislator defeated

Georgia Representative Mark Hatfield was known to me as a sponsor of the Georgia “birther bill” rejected in 2011. I got to hear him speak briefly representing Kevin Powell and Carl Swensson at the ballot challenge hearing in Atlanta last January 26.

Mr. Hatfield will not be introducing any birther bills in the next legislative session, being soundly defeated in the Primary Tuesday, receiving only 29% of the vote in his bid for a state Senate seat. I don’t think birtherism was a factor in the election, but

Winner Tyler Harper will face Democratic challenger Donald Mitchell in the General Election.

, , ,

9 Responses to Georgia: Birther legislator defeated

Andrew Vrba, PmG August 2, 2012 at 5:34 pm #

Orly is probably throwing a rage fit about how every single person who voted for Tyler Harper was bought/threatened/is a corrupt Obot.

Stanislaw August 2, 2012 at 7:17 pm #

Wow, so my beloved home state has voters with common sense after all.

Patrick McKinnion August 2, 2012 at 8:01 pm #

Well, losing at the ballot box is a step up from losing to an empty table.

Thrifty August 3, 2012 at 7:15 am #

I doubt it. Besides being a kook and a terrible lawyer, Orly is also an egomaniac. Since Mark Hatfield is not her, she won’t care.

Andrew Vrba, PmG:

AnotherBird August 3, 2012 at 8:21 am #

It could be that he wasn’t doing that good of a job.

realist August 3, 2012 at 8:49 am #

I think the biggest factor in his sound defeat was that he was essentially a carpetbagger.

Woodrowfan August 3, 2012 at 10:32 am #

jayHG August 3, 2012 at 5:03 pm #

Woodrowfan: I still really wonder about Orly’s husband. THIS is who he chose to marry?~!?!?!?!?!

So do I. I also wonder about her friends and extended family. I mean, does she not have ONE person among these folks that will tell her, even if they think she’s sincere, that there’s only so much you can do re: the courts, President Obama is president and she should go enjoy her life, her husband and childredn and work to make sure President Obama is not re-elected.

I can’t believe no one who loves her has not suggested this!!!!…..especially her husband!!!

Rickey August 3, 2012 at 7:47 pm #

Orly’s legal follies continue. In Taitz v. Astrue she filed a “demand” that an “unlawfully issued mandate” be revoked. The problem is that no mandate has been issued in the case. The mandate was issued in a different case, Taitz v. Ruemmler, and in that case Orly failed to file a petition for rehearing.

She is so inept that she can’t even keep her cases straight.