I am frankly surprised at how much press Mitt Romney’s “birther joke” (assuming it was birther and that it was a joke) has gotten. Even today, there are many articles on the subject:
- “Chris Christie, a Republican who was rumored to be on the shortlist for the vice presidential nod, said Tuesday that he suspects GOP candidate Mitt Romney "wishes he could take" his birther joke back.” Huffington Post.
- So is Romney a Birther? That isn’t clear; nor does it matter. The Root.
- “Wagner: Romney’s birther joke ‘irresponsible,’ ‘truly pathetic’.” NBCNews.com
- “This weekend, RNC Chairman Reince Priebus complained that the media is taking Mitt Romney’s “birther” joke far too seriously, saying, “Nobody seems to have a sense of humor anymore.” United Liberty.
- “Why blacks aren’t laughing at Romney’s birther “humor.” The Grio.
- “Move beyond the ‘birther’ jokes.” Lexington Herald Leader.
- “Mitt Romney Makes Birther Joke.”Midweek Politics
- “Romney’s ‘birther’ joke obviously just a joke.” CBS Baltimore
- “Falsehood takes the funny out of the ‘birther joke.’” Washington Post.