Broccoli-Gate

imageNow here’s a conspiracy theory the birthers can sink their teeth into. Yahoo News reports that a major flutter on Twitter occurred after President Obama quipped to a reporter that his favorite food was broccoli. A storm of comments arose, a sampling of which were in the article. Well, we know that the President’s favorite food is NOT ice cream.

The President has previously mentioned other favorite foods such as:

• Chili
  • Pork chops and beer
  • French Fries
  • Steak

I do not like broccoli, and I haven’t liked it since I was a little kid and my mother made me eat it. And I’m President of the United States and I’m not going to eat any more broccoli.

— George H. W. Bush

27 Responses to Broccoli-Gate

scott e July 10, 2013 at 1:21 pm #

he keeps in great shape.

Daniel July 10, 2013 at 1:23 pm #

“I do not like broccoli and I haven’t liked it since I was a little kid and my mother made me eat it. And I’m President of the United States and I’m not going to eat any more broccoli. Now look, this is the last statement I’m going to have on broccoli. There are truckloads of broccoli at this very minute descending on Washington. My family is divided. For the broccoli vote out there: Barbara loves broccoli. She has tried to make me eat it. She eats it all the time herself. So she can go out and meet the caravan of broccoli that’s coming in.”

Pres George H.W.Bush

Andrew Vrba, PmG July 10, 2013 at 1:30 pm #

Free Republic took the story and ran with it.
    Birtherdom is in a sad way. 🙂

The Magic M July 10, 2013 at 1:34 pm #

I think the birtherverse runs their version of “absence of evidence is evidence of absence” along with it – since there are no photos of Obama eating broccoli, he must be lying.

I heard Issa almost choked on his schnitzel when he heard about that newest opportunity to impeach the pretzeldent.

The European July 10, 2013 at 2:11 pm #

I hope – for Issa – that it was the real “Wiener Schnitzel” and not the schnitzel made from those horrible hogs.

Daniel July 10, 2013 at 2:25 pm #

The European:
    horrible hogs.

My favorite band from High School

ChrisB July 10, 2013 at 9:47 pm #

Panfried in olive oil with chili and garlic. Yum!

CarlOrcas July 10, 2013 at 11:05 pm #

ChrisB:
    Panfried in olive oil with chili and garlic.Yum!

The band????? Oh no!!!

Oh……never mind……………………..

Majority Will July 11, 2013 at 8:54 am #

CarlOrcas: The band????? Oh no!!!

Oh……never mind……………………..

That’s for Fine Young Cannibals.

Keith July 11, 2013 at 10:04 am #

ChrisB:
    Panfried in olive oil with chili and garlic.Yum!

You mean broccoli or schnitzel?

I do asparagus that way sort of… coat with Olive Oil… place on BBQ flat plate (not grill) sprinkle with sea salt flakes (or better, Murray River Salt Flakes) until they just start turning brown. Beautiful.

I could see doing Broccoli that way too, actually.

The chili idea works for me, too, maybe chili infused olive oil instead of plain.

Jim July 11, 2013 at 10:44 am #

I posted this story here and on TFB as a bit of humor, but ended up getting a lot of great ideas for broccoli! Thanks All!!! 😀

The Magic M July 11, 2013 at 12:40 pm #

I hate broccoli. Always have. According to birthers, that means I’ve just abandoned Obama and will now demand his immediate impeachment (or maybe his imapplement or imbananament, I haven’t decided yet) due to forcherry of his bean caulifloficate.

Keith July 11, 2013 at 3:15 pm #

I don’t understand people who don’t like broccoli. Cauliflower on the other hand is unspeakable.

Patrick McKinnion July 11, 2013 at 3:34 pm #

And now, Chocolate-Covered Broccoli.

Dr. Conspiracy July 12, 2013 at 3:08 pm #

Daniel July 12, 2013 at 3:46 pm #

“Aha, proof positive that Obama himself commissioned the Dan Lacey painting of me. See how Obama’s picture shows no nakedny, and no placenta anywhere. Obama had Lacey paint horrible picture of me and nice picture of himuserperself. SCREEEECH!!”

Orly taitz commenting on a painting of Obama by Dan Lacey

donna July 12, 2013 at 4:10 pm #

if you make your kids baby food and just cook and process broccoli (as well as other veggies) with nothing else added (like the sweet cereal some add) kids will grow up eating veggies and think nothing of it

Daniel July 12, 2013 at 5:38 pm #

donna:

If you add mercury they will grow up thinking nothing at all….

Crustacean July 12, 2013 at 5:47 pm #

Doc, that’s the most obscene depiction of a Twinkie I’ve ever seen (though that DEEP-FRIED Twinkie a buddy of mine bought me a couple years ago at the boardwalk – or, rather, the concomitant side effects of having eaten said Twinkie – is a close second).

Dr. Conspiracy: And now, a Dan Lacey painting of Obama eating a Twinkie with broccoli on his head instead of pancakes!

misha marinsky July 12, 2013 at 7:29 pm #

Hard to believe, but true: I’ve never eaten a Twinkie. All of that garbage food was not allowed in my home.

A single Twinkie contains (based on a 2,000 calorie diet):
    2.5 grams of saturated fat, representing 13% of the recommended daily intake
    42% sugars
    21% complex carbohydrates
    11% fat

Gloria July 14, 2013 at 9:14 am #

The Obama-Broccoli head vaguely looks like the continent of Africa, thus confirming Obama’s REAL birthplace.

Andrew Morris July 14, 2013 at 4:48 pm #

On the anonymity theme, has anyone been reading the ravings of “Butterdezillion”? People half as mad as her are forcibly incarcerated in mental hospitals. Even sadder, she claims to be a Christian. Makes me almost relieved that I’m not. But seriously, if what she says is the answer to WWJD, you can see why religion is in crisis.

misha marinsky July 14, 2013 at 5:58 pm #

Gloria: The Obama-Broccoli head vaguely looks like the continent of Africa

Actually, that’s what Corsi sees when he has the DTs.

Here’s a video of the DTs: http://www.hulu.com/watch/3517

misha marinsky July 14, 2013 at 6:17 pm #

Andrew Morris: People half as mad as her are forcibly incarcerated in mental hospitals. Even sadder, she claims to be a Christian. Makes me almost relieved that I’m not.

Whenever someone says he’s possessed, he should see a Jewish psychiatrist.

Don’t forget, when Jindal was in college, he participated in an exorcism, and claimed he smelled sulfur.

That poor woman was having a breakdown. Instead of taking her to the ER, they shouted mumbo-jumbo claptrap at her, which made it worse.

misha marinsky July 14, 2013 at 6:30 pm #

misha marinsky: Don’t forget, when Jindal was in college

Edit: Don’t forget, when Piyush Howdy Doody Bobby Jindal was in college…

misha marinsky July 14, 2013 at 6:44 pm #

Andrew Morris: Even sadder, she claims to be a Christian. Makes me almost relieved that I’m not.

Second Child Death for Convicted Faith-Healing Couple – Couple on probation after 2-year-old died, lose another child

A couple that was sentenced to probation after their 2-year-old died in 2009 from pneumonia have had another child die.

Herbert and Catherine Schaible, fundamentalist Christians who believe in the power of prayer ahead of modern medicine, recently had their 8-month-old son die, according to Philadelphia Police spokeswoman Jillian Russell.

The child was taken to a funeral home by an as yet unknown individual and the undertaker alerted police, Russell said.

Andrew Vrba, PmG July 14, 2013 at 8:30 pm #

misha marinsky:

If enjoying some of life’s simpler pleasures means that I’ll live a few years less than the guy next to me, who is healthier, but less fulfilled, so be it.