Walter Fitzpatrick: Guilty!

One-man birther crime wave Walter Francis Fitzpatrick III was found guilty of two felony counts: aggravated perjury and extortion.

The McMinn County jury began deliberations this morning and returned its verdict later in the day.  He was not found guilty of stalking and harassment. Fitzpatrick was arrested last March on four charges stemming from allegations that he harassed and stalked a grand jury foreman. According to the indictment, reports the Daily Post-Athenian covering McMinn and Meigs Counties :

…it was claimed that Fitzpatrick "did unlawfully and intentionally threaten … to take action known to be unlawful…"

Fitzpatrick is also accused of making "a false statement, under oath, during or in connection with an official proceeding," as well as engaging in "a willful course of conduct involving repeated or continuing harassment that would cause a reasonable person to feel terrorized, frightened, intimidated, threatened, harassed or molested and actually caused (his alleged victim, a former member of the McMinn County Grand Jury) to feel terrorized, frightened, intimidated, threatened, harassed or molested."

Fitzpatrick was represented by well-known attorney, and failed judicial candidate, Van R. Irion.

Learn more:

Most information on Fitzpatrick comes via the birther web site, The Post & Email, and there is also a Facebook page about his legal troubles.

Print Friendly

, ,

12 Responses to Walter Fitzpatrick: Guilty!

Curious George June 24, 2014 at 6:08 pm #

Quite a guy. I wonder if he’ll be available on loan for the next Birther Palooza. Along with Pat Boone and Lakin , it’ll pack ‘em in for the big Arpaio / Zullo reveal.

mimi June 24, 2014 at 7:45 pm #

Looks like Walt will get his Thanksgiving dinner at the Grey Bar & Grill again.

Comrade Fogovich June 24, 2014 at 8:52 pm #

He didn’t really have a beef with the McMinn County grand jury. They hadn’t refused to indict Obama. The foreman hadn’t stolen his girlfriend (that was apparently a rumor in Monroe County). They hadn’t considered any new charges against him. If he had just stayed home and minded his own beeswax, he’d have been left alone.

Walter is just about my age, and I’m too old to be thinking about going to prison.

But it’s hard to be sympathetic to a guy who can tell you the exact dates and the names of the FBI agents he reported me to on several occasions, trying to get me arrested.

Bonsall Obot June 24, 2014 at 10:35 pm #

Dear Walt;

The President is still black. Your disgrace of the uniform will never change that.

Mend your ways, you awful person.

Love, Bonsall Obot.

Ben P. June 25, 2014 at 6:45 pm #

I noticed that in what appeared to have been pictures of him with his attorney in the courtroom, the defendant seemed to have been wearing Navy whites … I was under the impressions that Navy uniform regs did *not* authorize the wear of a uniform by retirees except on occasions of military character or such things as memorial services, weddings, etc., guided by notions of good taste and decorum; and that wear of the uniform on personal business by a retiree was expressly not organized.

I assume the argument is that a court hearing is a formal occasion and that the uniform was worn with good taste and decorum, mind you. But … I’m not sure I buy it.

Bonsall Obot June 25, 2014 at 7:00 pm #

Walt was specifically ordered by the judge in his previous case NOT to wear the uniform he has so dishonored.

Arthur June 25, 2014 at 7:00 pm #

That’s what I’ve read too–but the rules don’t apply to Walt. He’s special.

mimi June 25, 2014 at 7:01 pm #

Here’s a link to the dailypostathenian:

Pic of Walt in his dress whites and a sad-faced Van Irion is there as well.

Daniel June 26, 2014 at 6:42 pm #

Ben P.: I was under the impressions that Navy uniform regs did *not* authorize the wear of a uniform by retirees except on occasions of military character or such things as memorial services, weddings, etc., guided by notions of good taste and decorum;

You are correct, and being in court on trial for a felony is not covered by the criteria so listed.

CarlOrcas June 26, 2014 at 8:14 pm #

Arthur: That’s what I’ve read too–but the rules don’t apply to Walt. He’s special.

Let’s see if he shows up in his uniform for his sentencing in a couple months. The man is a disgrace

Ben P. June 26, 2014 at 9:22 pm #

Daniel June 27, 2014 at 2:01 pm #

Ben P.: I’m wondering if this breach of the rules would subject him to further punishment as a Navy retiree, then. I mean, is there a remedy for this behavior?

It’s pretty rare for anyone to be actually charged unless what they did while wearing the uniform gained national attention

333333 44444