8 Responses to Dummett, Dummett, done

Punchmaster via Mobile March 23, 2015 at 8:15 pm #

I still pronounce it as “dumbass”.

mimi March 23, 2015 at 8:48 pm #

Dummett was in an accident. Sounds like he got hurt pretty bad. A couple of posts at fogbow starts here::

Andrew Vrba, PmG March 23, 2015 at 11:10 pm #

mimi:
    Dummett was in an accident.Sounds like he got hurt pretty bad.

And not a single #!%@ was given that day.

Slartibartfast March 23, 2015 at 11:10 pm #

From the discussion on the Fogbow, that would appear to be accurate.

Punchmaster via Mobile:
    I still pronounce it as “dumbass”.

Andrew Vrba, PmG March 23, 2015 at 11:19 pm #

Slartibartfast:
    From the discussion on the Fogbow, that would appear to be accurate.

I have my moments.

bookfiend75 March 24, 2015 at 12:26 pm #

In this narrow instance, Mr. Nash is correct. The law in 1961 required the US parent to have lived in the United States for 5 years after the age of 14 to pass on US citizenship (when the other parent was not a US Citizen). Ann Dunham was only 18 years old.

Doc,
    I’m only asking this for my own education, not to cause further debate. I was under the impression that the above was for circumstances when the child was born outside the U.S., not in the country. Am I mistaken; this was the law for all births in and out of the U.S.?

Arthur B. March 24, 2015 at 12:46 pm #

bookfiend75: I was under the impression that the above was for circumstances when the child was born outside the U.S., not in the country.

A child born in the U.S. (and subject to its jurisdiction) is automatically a natural born citizen, regardless of the citizenship — or age — of his or her parents. It’s only for children born outside the country that a parent’s citizenship or age might be relevant to the determination of the citizenship of the child

faceman March 24, 2015 at 3:35 pm #

For a list of those entitled to citizenship at birth