Fellowship of the Minds

Fellowship of the Minds (FOTM), hosted at WordPress.com,  is a large and active blog covering a range of political, religious and conspiracy topics. While the site has been on my “Bad” list probably since its inception, I haven’t paid much attention to it either on my blog or in person. Ignoring FOTM is probably a mistake as they appear to have more commenters (over 3,000) than Birther Report and they have proffered some conspiracy theories I didn’t know about, and could have covered.

The blog appears to be run by the character Dr. Eowyn (who also posts at Birther Report as Eowyn and claims to be a “full professor” of something), and it has a strong direction in its editorial choices. Here are some major topical areas:

• False Flags – Articles suggesting that the Sandy Hook and Charlie Hebedo shootings were staged, along with the Boston Marathon bombing
  • Gays – Called “Sodomites” on the site
  • Muslims – “There is no moderate Islam”
  • Illegal immigration – “Dictator Obama to wait until after Mid-Terms to release invading horde into America.”
  • Government corruption and American Decay – Government, Abortion, Education
  • Police state – suggesting “Gestapo” tactics by school boards, gun control, New World Order.

If one could pick out one subject in this massive collection of articles, President Obama would certainly be one with, or close to, the largest coverage. It is replete with mean-spirited and demeaning commentary about the president, on occasion calling him “President Lucifer.” As an example of gratuitous mean spiritedness, I cite the article titled: “Obama, smartest man & father of 2, cannot pronounce OB/GYN.”

My blog focuses on Obama conspiracy theories and we are not disappointed by articles such as this small sampling:

• GOP Congressman: ‘We all know’ Obama’s birth certificate is a fake.
  • World Tribune calls Obama’s birth certificate ‘100% forgery’
  • Obama’s birth certificate is definitely a fake and a threat to national security
  • Obama’s lawyer admits his  birth certificate is a forgery.
  • African Press International says it has Obama’s Kenyan birth certificate
  • Retired CIA agents say Obama’s birth certificate is a fake
  • San Diego students disinvite Obama because of phony birth certificate
  • Proof that Obama’s birth certificate is fake – It’s the paper, stupid
  • Judge in Lakin court martial makes defense impossible
  • Kenyan official says Obama born in Kenya
  • NPR says Obama born in Kenya
  • World Bank whistleblower says Michelle Obama is being blackmailed, caught in honey trap
  • Republicans dither while Obama and Mexico conspire in invasion of illegals
  • Joan Rivers: We all know Obama is gay and Michelle is a tranny
  • Washington Times full-page ad on Obama’s forged Selective Service registration

imageI should point out that I could have published articles with many of these same titles. The difference is that I would have tried to put them in context, or to debunk them if appropriate. I wouldn’t have put them forward favorably, nor would I have found pleasure in what they represent. I try to be fair at the same time as being critical; I don’t think Dr. Eowyn is trying to be fair.

While Dr. Eowyn uses the avatar of an angel, I do not find a heavenly theme appropriate. Dr. Eowyn seems to find pleasure (or at least validation) in everything that Obama does wrong, or even when a fringe source claims he does something wrong. There is nothing patriotic, virtuous or constructive that comes from spinning the truth into something worse than it is, or finding joy in the discomfit of others.

, ,

13 Responses to Fellowship of the Minds

Woodrowfan April 14, 2015 at 2:39 pm #

“Dr. Eowyn uses the avatar of an angel”

I’ve noticed something on Facebook. The more someone posts pictures of angels or Jesus or “I love God, do you?” graphics on their Facebook page, the more likely they are to also post hateful rightwing graphics and comments about Obama, Democrats, immigrants, the poor, etc So you’ll see in quick succession,..

“God Loves You!”
    “There is room on my wall for Jesus, is there room on yours for him?”
    “LIE-brals just want to tax those who work to pay the lazy!”
    “My God is an Awesome God!”
    “STOP OBUMMER’S INVASION OF MEXICAN ILLEGALS! AMERICA FOR AMERICANS!”
    “Jesus is my Lord!”

Rob April 14, 2015 at 8:21 pm #

I love Fellowship of the Minds!! Great entertainment value- they kicked me off of posting after I pointed out the holes in their Obama In Ineligible arguments. Now I post over there just to poke fun at Eowyn, as I know that the comments will never make it out of the moderator review.

But someone reads them, and I thoroughly enjoy ridiculing that someone!

All the best, love your blog.

The Magic M (not logged in) April 15, 2015 at 4:59 am #

I got banned over there in the middle of the LFBC heyday when I pointed out Eisenhower’s BC was created decades after his birth, based on his mother’s testimony of a home birth, and how they would never accept that about Obama.

I stopped reading there b/c it’s about as unentertainingly hateful as drkate’s blog. At least the BR crowd are funny. (Given all the “false flag” glory, I wouldn’t be surprised if BSE were a FOTM regular.)

roadburner April 15, 2015 at 7:18 am #

The Magic M (not logged in):

speaking of which, bird boy has done a lazarus on the `FEMA trains with guillotines’ meme.

obviously A & Z’z failure to do anything and arpaio’s current problems are sending him off the deep end.

Krosis April 15, 2015 at 7:44 am #

Punchmaster via Mobile April 15, 2015 at 8:09 am #

Krosis:

Its probably too painful for them to confront reality.

Notorial Dissent April 15, 2015 at 9:29 am #

I suspect it is more a case of the handful actually paying attention, that they think the all powerful shurf will eventually just wave his hands and it will all go away, just like there’s gonna be a presser any day decade now and it will all just go away.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater April 15, 2015 at 9:34 am #

Krosis:

Because most birthers are all talk and no action. They couldn’t be bothered to get off their la-z-boys.

Benji Franklin April 15, 2015 at 2:41 pm #

Krosis: I wonder why no disappointed birthers have yet confronted Arpaio, demanding for him to explain why Obama still isn’t arrested.

Perhaps because Birther zealots, make EVERY real and imagined fact about Presidential eligibility subordinate to their oath, “THIS is NOT going AWAY!”

Crustacean April 16, 2015 at 5:27 pm #

FOTM used to be my go-to blog (for jousting with nutters). Then I found Doc C’s blog while looking for information to debunk one of the questionable Obama eligibility claims someone there had made. I discovered that reading comments by people smarter and more informed than I (Doc C and his merry band of anti-birthers) was much more enjoyable and easier on the blood pressure than reading and responding to the vile rubbish posted by the malcontents at FOTM.

But Dr. Eowyn fascinated me, to the point I had to investigate a little. Found out she really was a professor (emeritus, political science). And at a well-known university, no less! Because of her “legit” background, I really thought I could reach her with logic. But she just doubled down on the crazy, to the point where she eventually let a lunatic publish long, rambling articles at FOTM intended to prove that the Sandy Hook tragedy was a hoax.

I only ended up having one marginal success with her: I got her to admit that Jacques Cousteau was not a eugenicist in favor of genocide as a solution to overpopulation. After that, I decided to quit while I was ahead, dropped the mic, and walked away from the FOTM zoo for good.

Dr. Conspiracy April 16, 2015 at 7:54 pm #

I don’t understand why, but it appears that a significant number of the commenters at FOTM are real estate agents.

Crustacean: FOTM used to be my go-to blog (for jousting with nutters).

Punchmaster via Mobile April 17, 2015 at 4:01 pm #

I can’t talk to Sandy Hook truthers without becoming violently angry.
    They physically sicken me.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater April 19, 2015 at 11:00 am #

Punchmaster via Mobile:
    I can’t talk to Sandy Hook truthers without becoming violently angry.
    They physically sicken me.

I’m in the same boat as you. That’s my state. It makes me rather pissed off to talk to any of them.