The contempt of court hearing of Joe Arpaio in Melendres v. Arpaio resumes Tuesday. This comes in the wake of testimony by Sgt. Travis Anglin revealing text messages from Mike Zullo demonstrating how interested Arpaio was in the the Seattle Operation, reportedly asking about it daily. Anglin advised Arpaio to distance himself from Mike Zullo and Dennis Montgomery, to no avail.
Mike Zullo is turning out to be a pivotal figure in the investigation of the relationship between Arpaio and Montgomery. Will someone throw someone else under the bus? Stay tuned.
- Testimony: Arpaio Ignored Advice To Abandon Informant’s Investigation – KJZZ
- Judge Questions Sheriff Joe Arpaio Directly, Again – KJZZ
- Contempt hearing: MCSO sergeant undermines Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s testimony – AZ Central
- Joe Arpaio, Mike Zullo Targeted Judge, Sergeant Testifies – Phoenix New Times
- Arpaio again denies targeting federal judge in investigation – AZ Central
- Joe Arpaio Nailed by Judge’s Questions on Defiance of Court – Phoenix New Times
- Testimony in Arpaio Contempt Hearing Describes a Loosey-Goosey Sheriff’s Office – Courthouse News Service
- Contempt hearings hinge on Arpaio’s state of mind – AZ Central