Trump vs cockroach
The poll results are in. Donald Trump beat cockroaches in a Public Policy Polling favorable opinion contest, edging out the nasty little critters by a solid 6 points (45/30). Cockroaches and hemorrhoids were the only two categories in the poll where Trump came out on top with a more favorable opinion. Respondents had a lower opinion of Trump than Used Car Salesmen, Traffic Jams, Hipsters, DMV, Root Canals, Jury Duty and Lice (by a whopping 26 points).
Conspiracy belief among Trump supporters
But, dear friends, I’m not here to talk about Donald Trump. No, I’m here to talk about Trumpsters and how they feel about certain conspiracy theories. Trump himself seems to be somewhat of a conspiracy theorist, and so PPP wondered if that carried over to his supporters. Of that narrow 34% of voters who in general have a positive opinion of Trump, they asked about beliefs in various conspiracy theories, and the results were:
- 65% think President Obama is a Muslim, only 13% think he’s a Christian.
- 59% think President Obama was not born in the United States, only 23% think that he was.
- 27% think vaccines cause autism, 45% don’t think they do, another 29% are not sure.
- 24% think Antonin Scalia was murdered, just 42% think he died naturally, another 34% are unsure.
- 7% think Ted Cruz’s father was involved in the assassination of JFK, 55% think he was not involved, another 38% are unsure.
In the poll, PPP found that 5% of respondents said that Ted Cruz is the Zodiac Killer. Go figger.