Just thinking here about starting a case tracking project here. Following is my tentative list of data items to track:
- Case Name (e.g. Keyes et al. v. Obama et al.)
- List of Plaintiffs
- List of Defendants
- Summary of Complaint or main issue
- Does it related to Obama’s eligibility to be president?
- Is it from a federal prisoner?
- Has the court labeled any part of the case or motions “frivolous”?
- What is the Status of the case?
- What is the next action and date?
- Link to documents
- Link to news coverage
I’m thinking about the best way to format this. A table couldn’t be made wide enough. Should I use the blog or something else? A blog could have one page per case in a standard layout and then one “index page” which might be a quick status: case name, status, link to main page.
Just thinking out loud here.
[The Docket Project is now available through a link at the top of the blog labeled “Docket“]