Original BC discloses missing information

I now have a copy of the original birth certificate, received today from the state vital records office. There are some amazing disclosures here:

1. The certificate is for a delayed birth registration
  2. The certificate lacks the name of the hospital
  3. The certificate lacks the name of the doctor or midwife
  4. The certificate is attested to ONLY by the affidavit of one person, the mother

Now anybody that says anything against my disabled World War II veteran daddy or his birth certificate, is itching for a fight.

What is instructive for the discussion on this web site is that my father’s certificate is a “Delayed Certificate of Birth” not a “Certificate of Live Birth”. States have multiple kinds of birth certificates.

, ,

33 Responses to Original BC discloses missing information

misha June 20, 2009 at 10:54 am #

I wrote this before: the only reason I know which hospital, is because my mother told me. I don’t know the doctor’s name. The only thing my mother told me, was she chose the physician based on his skill at circumcision. My paternal grandfather wanted a bris at home; my mother wanted a doctor to do it.

My birth certificate from the Bureau Of Vital Statistics only has the city, state, date, and change of name when my mother remarried. It does have the raised seal, and was accepted for a passport. It is the only one NYS gives. BTW, I took my step-father’s surname, but he never adopted me.

So there.

Bob June 20, 2009 at 3:19 pm #

Plain ole “citizen” grand jury not filling enough for you?

Would you like me to supersize that for you?

LM K June 20, 2009 at 5:34 pm #

Yawn.

brygenon June 21, 2009 at 12:51 am #

These are not so much “citizen’s” grand juries as pretend grand juries. That’s not illegal — I myself played court, years ago, with other children. Come to think of it, we also played superman; kind of makes sense that super grand jury is the next bit of make-believe.

If you want to sit at the big table, you need to grow up.

misha June 21, 2009 at 3:42 am #

“pretend grand juries”

No, they are sophisticated drinking clubs, or maybe a higher level of book club. You know, like Oprah’s, only much more cerebral.

Irony alert.

TRUTH June 21, 2009 at 9:41 am #

I feel like I’m reading something old or misprinted. The post is so short and has limited info I’m thinking this is part of some idiot Orly comment.

OR, Am I correct in reading “YOU” have a COPY of the Original B.C. of Mr. Barrack H. Obama Jr., Born in Honolulu HI.?

And that the discrepancies (as us birthers like to call them) are as you listed?

HOW did you end up with it and when will the Common Folk have an opportunity to view this document?

πŸ™‚ HAPPY FATHERS DAY! πŸ™‚

richCares June 21, 2009 at 12:04 pm #

dear deluded truth didn’t you read “… this web site is that my father’s certificate” referring to Dr C’s father.

go back to claiming von Brunn is a registered Democrat.

Bob June 21, 2009 at 2:31 pm #

In some states, creating false papers actually is a crime.

And the rhetoric sometimes sounds much like von Brunn’s justification for his attempted “citizen’s arrest (i.e., kidnapping) of Fed. board members.

(What I find ironic is that, under common law, a grand jury could have no more than 23 members. Even by rules they claim to be following, these are legal nullities.)

Dr. Conspiracy June 21, 2009 at 3:42 pm #

as richCares points out, the article is about my father’s birth certificate. It’s been a time, this past couple of weeks, when a lot of family birth certificates have made their way out of storage boxes. My wife’s great aunt’s birth certificate just has her name as “Girl”, something not all that uncommon on birth records.

If I had Obama’s long form (legally) you can be sure I would scan it with every pixel I own, and post it here for everyone to see. The article would very short: “I told you so.”

TRUTH June 21, 2009 at 9:33 pm #

richyCareless, put your helmet back on and go bang your head on the wall some more, your an arrogant ass. The Post hardly explains that specifically. It “Mentions” the father, but in no way specifies that is what the entire post is about. I took it as if Doc was comparing his Fathers to OBamas. Besides, WHY would we all need to “know” about Doc’s fathers B.C.? I didn’t need your childish comment, I was speaking to Doc. I never said anything derogatory towards your Messiah, I was merely asking for clarification of the post. If I had wanted your opinion I’d just raised the toilet seat and gotten some of equal value.

Thanks for YOUR clarification Dr, that was all I needed. Your post is fine after I read your reply.

TRUTH June 21, 2009 at 9:40 pm #

There is a message within your message, I can’t quite place. It somehow is about the “if I had…” and the “I told you so”.. the two related, IF you had you could say that, but you don’t, so you can’t. And you never will, so you never can. Something like that, but I can’t quite put a finger on it.

YOur wifes great aunts had “Girl”..thats kewl. I heard richycares had “NONE” for the name and “UNK” for the sex.

NBC June 21, 2009 at 9:48 pm #

Is that where you get your material?

TRUTH June 21, 2009 at 9:50 pm #

Like I said, “IF”. So if I ever choose to stoop to your level I’ll have it as a source.

NBC June 21, 2009 at 9:52 pm #

Stooping to my level would be quite a step up for you my dear friend. Other than your name, I have found little in your musings that matches it.

TRUTH June 21, 2009 at 10:01 pm #

No, we common folk will never match witts with your kind. Your so smart NBC. I only pray they never do show that B.C., good or bad, or you would be at a deadlock for SOMETHING to talk about. IT seems every other post I read of yours is about the BC. They could practically be cut & pastes for the last 4 months. I would rather watch paint dry or grass grow than sound like the broken record you do. But YOU ARE a Bloody GENIUS of a Poster, yeah buddy, A-MAZING. The BlogMaster

Mary Brown June 21, 2009 at 11:15 pm #

What good does name calling do? The point is that birth certificates or certifications are not uniform in the kind of information on them. It appears that some people want to set a standard for what needs to be on a certificate or certification for it to be valid. If we had a national standard framed by law that would be a valid approach. But we don’t and we never have. That might well be a good idea. As I have said here before, the latest document I have from the State of New York where I was born almost 64 years ago looks a lot like President Obama’s COLB. Please dispense with the name calling.

NBC June 21, 2009 at 11:50 pm #

IT seems every other post I read of yours is about the BC.

Wow, I must be slacking, my quota is 2 out of every three.
    But of course the BC issue is an important one since it destroys any argument that President Obama is not natural born.
    Sucks when you have the facts on your side I guess.

Dr. Conspiracy June 22, 2009 at 12:25 am #

The name calling, the snide superiority, the sarcasm, none of these convinces anybody of anything except the weakness of the argument of the person using them. Making a good argument, which involves understanding the other side, then doing the research and the analysis takes some work, something rarely seen in opponents here; but of course, someone willing to do these things would reasonably not be opponents; they would know better. [Was that snide superiority? I hope not.]

dunstvangeet June 22, 2009 at 1:27 am #

The Federal Government has standards for what the minimum that they’ll accept as proof of place of birth, just as any state also has minimums. Those minimums usually line up.

The Federal Government’s is “A birth certificate must include your full name, the full name of your parent(s), date and place of birth, sex, date the birth record was filed, and the seal or other certification of the official custodian of such records.”

You can check it here: http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/100004.pdf

I still don’t understand the contention that proving your birth place to the Federal Government is fundamentally different than proving your birth place to the Federal Government.

Heavy June 22, 2009 at 10:50 am #

You mean like Robert Gibbs?

Dr. Conspiracy June 22, 2009 at 11:38 am #

Sorry, I haven’t had the chance to see Gibbs. I’m all tied up in the conspiracy theories and don’t have the bandwidth to look at the real world much.

Dr. Conspiracy June 22, 2009 at 11:40 am #

State and federal requirements naturally align, since it would be rather silly for a state to be unable to produce a birth certificate that you couldn’t use to get a passport (or run for president).

NBC June 22, 2009 at 12:24 pm #

In fact the Full Faith and Credit clause requires the Federal Government to accept the birth certificates from those states who only have a ‘short form’.

Heavy June 22, 2009 at 12:27 pm #

Is that a confession? Are you admitting that you don’t deal much in the real world?

NBC June 22, 2009 at 12:32 pm #

HahaHa

Dr. Conspiracy June 22, 2009 at 1:04 pm #

I get to watch very little news coverage, and that’s mainly what I mean. The world where Obama is not president is not the “real world”, and to the extent that I deal with birthers and other Obama denialists, I am not dealing with the real world.

richCares June 22, 2009 at 2:17 pm #

“If I had wanted your opinion I’d just raised the toilet seat and gotten some of equal value. ”

that’s where his brain seems and may also be where he got “von Brunn is a registered Democrat”. Go ahead truth keep showing us what you really are, we don’t have to insult you, you are doing fine on your own.

Rickey June 22, 2009 at 6:27 pm #

I was born in New York State in 1948 and I still have the original birth certificate which was issued to my parents a week after I was born. It is called “Certificate of Birth Registration.” It contains my name, date of birth, city and state of birth, and the names of my parents. It does not identify the hospital where I was born, nor does it identify the doctor who delivered me.

Among other things, this document was used by me over the years to obtain a Social Security Number, enlist in the U.S. Navy, register to vote, and obtain a United States passport. No governmental agency has ever rejected it as insufficient proof of where I was born or for any other reason.

When I was 40 years old I thought that the birth certificate had been lost, so I ordered a duplicate. The duplicate, also called “Certificate of Birth Registration,” includes the same information as the original – no more, no less.

Gordon June 26, 2009 at 2:28 am #

Here’s a blog from Team Sarah regarding a letter writing campaign in the case of Kerchner vs Obama.

Gordon June 26, 2009 at 2:29 am #

Never mind Doc, close site.

Dr. Conspiracy June 26, 2009 at 7:51 am #

I know a number of letters were filed (and included in the court documents) urging no more delays in the case.

By the way, isn’t “Palin” a Russian name? I ran across the Russian Ambassador to England in the 19th century whose name in English was written “Pahlen”.

Bob June 26, 2009 at 11:16 am #

Familysecuritymatters.org has the same thing.

To this credit, Apuzzo did note that the court is not soliciting letters, but rather has filed the letters already sent. (Which is SOP; the court files just about it receives.)

Such a letter-writing campaign is, of course, meaningless. (I think of the birfer movement as a mini-stimulus package: think of the amount of money injected into the economy that was spent on postage, printing, supplies, etc.)

TRUTH June 27, 2009 at 6:15 pm #