I may kick myself for this but here it is:
Over the months, bits and pieces of evidence have come forward that provide at a partial view of what President Obama’s original birth certificate must look like.
Starting with the COLB released by Barack Obama himself, we add the recently confirmed Mother’s Usual Address from the newspaper birth announcement, the certificate number from FactCheck.org photographs, the name of the hospital from the President himself in a letter to the hospital on the occasion of their centennial celebration, and some formatting hints from the Nordyke Twin’s certificate.
I took a birth certificate from 1963 and reconstructed a Barack Obama birth certificate with the most accurate content I could. I did not attempt to make a forgery: the fonts don’t match exactly and the security paper background is obviously cut and pasted. But if and when a long form is published, this is the content we should expect to see. The only thing I guessed about was the age of Obama’s father: I put 24, but it could have been 25. If anyone has his date of birth documented, please tell me (and tell the Wikipedia!).
- “Nordyke” long form 1961 (copy printed and sealed in 1966)
- Obama COLB 1961 (printed and sealed in 2007)
- “Edith” long form 1962
- “Alan” long form 1963
Guide to the data:
- General form: The base document is the Alan certificate from 1963.
- File Number: “151″ is consistent with all exhibits. It indicates that the certificate is from Hawaii. “61″ is the year of issue; I used “61″ instead of “1961″ to be consistent with the Nordyke certficate . The certificate number is “10641″ based on the COLB with the leading zero omitted consistent with the Nordyke certificate. The file number is assigned (most probably) by a mechanical numbering machine stamp. Note the imprecise registration of the digits on the Nordyke form that I roughly imitated.
- Blocks 1a, 1b and 1c. The name is taken from the COLB and presented in all caps per the Nordyke certificate.
- Block 2. Sex is original on the Alan certificate, with the value consistent with the COLB.
- Block 3. Single birth is original on the Alan certificate. It is generally known that Obama was not a twin.
- Block 4. Left blank, not applicable.
- Block 5. Date of Birth value taken from the COLB and formatted according to the Nordyke certificate.
- Block 6a and 6b. Place of Birth and Island from the COLB. Image original from the Alan certificate.
- Block 6c and 6d. Name of hospital comes from an official White House letter to the hospital, read by Congressman Abercrombie at the hospital’s centennial celebration. The exact wording and formatting is from the Nordyke certificate from the same hospital the next day. The Nordyke certificate shows that the hospital is within the town limits.
- Block 7a, 7b and 7c. Mother’s usual residence taken from newspaper birth announcement (confirmed by city directory). Ann Obama was living with her parents. Image from the Alan certificate.
- Block 7d and 7e. Mother’s usual residence taken from newspaper birth announcement (confirmed by city directory). Ann Obama was living with her parents. I am assuming at this point that the address is within the city limits (7e), or so it would seem from the map.
- Block 7f. Mother’s mailing address is left blank, consistent with the Nordyke certificate.
- Block 7g. The address is not a farm or plantation, rather a residential area.
- Block 8. Full name of father from COLB, in all caps consistent with Nordyke certificate.
- Block 9. Race of Father, “African”, from the COLB.
- Block 10. Obama Sr. was born in 1936 according to the Wikipedia, but the exact date is unknown. He might have been 24 or 25 years old.
- Block 11. Obama Sr. was born in what we call Kenya today. It is not known what Stanley Ann Obama might have called the place on her paperwork. Options include: Nyang’oma Kogelo Village, Siaya District, Nyanza Province, Kenya Colony, British Protectorate of Zanzibar
- Block 12a and 12b. Usual occupation of father is stated as “Student” consistent with Obama autobiography. Industry is left blank.
- Block 13. Full maiden name of mother from COLB, in all caps per Nordyke formatting.
- Block 14. Race of Mother from the COLB, in mixed case per Nordyke formatting.
- Block 15. Age of Mother 18, from various published reports.
- Block 16. Mother birthplace from Wikipedia, formatted per Nordyke certificate.
- Block 17a and 17b. Type of occupation “student” from various sources. Date last worked unknown and left blank.
- Blocks 18a, and 19a. Unknown name of informant and attendant.
- Blocks 18b, and 19b. I am assuming the most probable values, that the mother was the informant, and that a doctor delivered the baby (no midwife deliveries were recorded in Honolulu in 1961 per official statistics).
- Block 20 and 22. The date of registration is taken from the COLB. The same date is used in both boxes consistent with the Nordyke certificate. The Nordyke image suggests that a rubber date stamp was used. For this reason one of the stamps is at an angle.
- Block 21. The local registrar is unknown, although there is a high probability that it is the same name as is on the Nordyke certificate