The President is a ni–

There are a few taboo words in American English, but it would not be all that unusual to hear one of them around the office or on the street. There is one word, however, that it would be extremely unusual to hear, and that word is “nigger.” I do not know of any stronger verbal taboo in American English than the “N” word. One just cannot say it in conversation without receiving universal condemnation.

I think it is the frustration over not being able to say or write this word directed at Barack Obama that leads to the incredible and outlandish things that are said about him, words such as: communist, usurper, murderer, criminal, long legged mack daddy [super pimp] and traitor (not to mention things said about his family). There seems to be a kind of glee in some of the awful things I have read among the fringe Obama opposition; it is as if some long-bottled emotion suddenly found expression. The emotion is racial hatred and the expression is total and utter disrespect. As far as I’m concerned, they should just call the president a nigger and be done with it. It wouldn’t lower my respect for them any farther than it already is.

[The title of this article is a reference to “The sheriff is a ni–”” scene from the movie Blazing Saddles.]

9 Responses to The President is a ni–

Mary Brown November 11, 2009 at 10:18 pm #

My 83 year old mother-in-law was raised in the south and lives in large city in the deep south. She tells my husband that she has had to look away during her Sunday School Class because of the rhetoric. I did not participate in the conversation, but knowing her and her manner of expression, I assume others noticed her turning away.

misha November 11, 2009 at 10:41 pm #

Actually, Blazing Saddles is the only time I heard it used, and everyone laughed.

The first time it was said, it hit me in the stomach, then I started laughing. Every black person I spoke with loved the film.

BTW, if you look at the movie poster, take a close look at the embroidery of the Indian chief’s headress: it’s Hebrew for “kosher for Passover.”

Lupin November 12, 2009 at 2:41 am #

Did you see the article on Media Matters yesterday about the right-wing lunatics attacking Eli Weisel?

If antisemitism came in bricks, you could build the Empire State Building with some of the comments.

NorthlandA November 12, 2009 at 7:08 am #

The day after the election, a gun shop employee in Michigan did not feel the need for discretion. In a response to the press inquiring why the store was flying the flag upside down, he stated “… because the N__ got in.”

A few days later, we was a Former gun shop employee.

kimba November 12, 2009 at 7:46 am #

Yep, I’ve always thought “usurper” was simply a substitute for “ni-“. You know, take any sentence they write containing “usurper” and substitute “ni-” and it always seems to fit perfectly. I think it would be cathartic for these people to get together with a friend in a quiet place and take turns shouting ” The President is a ni-“. Maybe by having a chance to yell it out loud, they can get it out of their systems. It’s exactly what crazy Eileen with her baggie’d BC really wanted to yell at that town hall.

aarrgghh November 12, 2009 at 9:39 am #

sounds like somebody bought himself one more reason to hate the n–.

thisoldhippie November 12, 2009 at 9:45 am #

I am on a homeowner’s board and one of the directors is a “minister.” Right before the election I went to a meeting and had on my Obama t-shirt. The minister looked at me and asked me if I was going to vote for that “n—” My response? “No, I’m not because I already have.” When a “man of God” feels that this is an acceptable word to describe someone, then that “sect” of Christianity has taken a wrong turn.

thisoldhippie November 12, 2009 at 2:48 pm #

I just sent this email to Facebook. They keep telling me they can’t find this info. I don’t know what else to give them.

this guy has a Facebook and this is what he is posting:

Leonard McCauley We all Support Orly’s Cause-We do it for our own Reasons-My reason is purely about Truth and non-Political Correctness-I truly believe Hussein is a Mulatto and does not Qualify as a Human Being-1/16 th or less tainted Animal blood would Dequalify him as animal-Right Now Hussein is a Beast and living in my White House-Politics aside-We r not discussing Racism here-I am discussing Animal Husbandry-not Racism.
    Yesterday at 11:20pm

The above post was posted at 11:20 p.m. on 11/11/09 at the above referenced Facebook.

Mr. McCauley’s facebook is: http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=orly+taitz&o=2048&init=ffs#/profile.php?id=100000338269108&ref=mf

This stuff is disgusting.

The Sheriff Is A Ni- November 12, 2009 at 7:08 pm #

I’ve used this moniker since last November for a reason. If Cleavon Little and Richard Pryor had only lived to see that day…