Cody Judy: a second chance is not a good idea

While the Obots.org web site seems pretty much out of business, I really enjoyed reading one of it’s articles on Donald Trump’s “presidential timber.” When it comes to selecting the person who sits next to the suitcase with the atomic bomb launch codes, I want someone who doesn’t easily lose their temper or do irrational things.

Photo of Cody JudyThere is another story about a suitcase and a bomb, and it involves 2012 Democratic presidential candidate and Georgia birther ballot challenger Cody Judy. Back in 1993 Judy charged onto the stage in front of 15,000 Mormons gathered to hear Mormon President Howard W. Hunter. He threatened Hunter with a “detonator” and suitcase that he said contained a bomb, demanding that Hunter read a document describing how God planned for Judy to lead the church. Hunter refused and Judy was subdued. He served 8 years in jail.

I’m a Christian who believes in redemption, and I’m a liberal who believes in second chances. But I do not think it would be a good idea for Cody Judy to be President of the United States. It’s just this thing about suitcases and bombs that bothers me.

56 Responses to Cody Judy: a second chance is not a good idea

donna February 20, 2012 at 11:47 pm #

lol

what bothers MOI is the first name last thingy – a friend of mine was named similarly and put in a female college dorm

Bob February 21, 2012 at 6:53 am #

When he didn’t immediately get his demands met he started threatening people. In other words, he’s a Birther.

UnionJack February 21, 2012 at 9:09 am #

“if a half white, kenyan, marxist, muslim, one american parent, skinny guy can’t run for president, can a convicted felon?”

Actually, there is no qualification in the Constitution that the President not be a convicted felon, except for the 14th Amendment which bars someone from holding any office under the United States if that person has taken the oath of office and then had “engaged in insurrection or rebellion” . There are only 3 qualifications for Pres (age, 14 year residency, and natural born citizenship).

John February 21, 2012 at 9:45 am #

It is my understanding the bomb in the suitcase that Cody threatened the church with was a FAKE. So his crime really wasn’t that bad although I might wonder about someone doing that. Cody seems to be a level headed guy and has some great ideas for POTUS. Now take Obama….Obama paled around with one of the most violent and ruthless domestic terrorists against America in the 1960s, Bill Aryers. Aryers bombs were REAL and people got hurt. And yet Obama didn’t seemed to be bothered by this one bit. (Of course, Obama condemns Aryer’s actions in front of the camera, what idiot wouldn’t.) I think that is something you really have to wonder about as well.

Steve February 21, 2012 at 9:45 am #

He also uses bad lawyers. He got 8 years for a fake bomb threat and he uses Orly for his Georgia case and loses to a chair. If he was elected, I bet he would appoint Orly to the Secretary of state and try to get her in the Supreme court.

Dr. Conspiracy February 21, 2012 at 9:52 am #

Bill Ayers isn’t running for President.

And if you don’t think it’s so bad, try robbing a bank using a fake gun.

John: It is my understanding the bomb in the suitcase that Cody threatened the church with was a FAKE. So his crime really wasn’t that bad although I might wonder about someone doing that. Cody seems to be a level headed guy and has some great ideas for POTUS. Now take Obama….Obama paled [sic] around with one of the most violent and ruthless domestic terrorists against America in the 1960s, Bill Aryers [sic]. Aryers [sic] bombs were REAL and people got hurt. And yet Obama didn’t seemed to be bothered by this one bit. (Of course, Obama condemns Aryer’s [sic] actions in front of the camera, what idiot wouldn’t.) I think that is something you really have to wonder about as well.

Dr. Conspiracy February 21, 2012 at 9:53 am #

He was convicted of kidnapping.

Steve: He got 8 years for a fake bomb threat

John February 21, 2012 at 10:00 am #

Dr. Conspiracy February 21, 2012 at 10:17 am #

This does not surprise me.

John:

bob j February 21, 2012 at 10:34 am #

Yeaaah,

the bomb was a fake, and he knew that.

Did he believe the document was real?

” Hold on, got a letter from God here. Holy sh#%, he wants me to be in charge. And if you don’t believe me, let’s push this button and ask him.”

And that is the guy John would vote for over the current President. Guess a Harvard education doesn’t compare to a crazy, religious nutjob to some people.

Meh, it was a fake bomb. No harm, no foul.

Lupin February 21, 2012 at 11:22 am #

John: I would definitely vote for Cody Robert Judy long before I would ever vote for Barack Obama.

This is what we in the FBI call a clue.

donna February 21, 2012 at 11:52 am #

“However, since the states set the qualifications to vote, in many states this guy could run for President but couldn’t vote for himself (or for anyone else, for that matter).”

yeah i omitted that part

in legal circles, judy’s action would be considered an act of domestic terrorism

the birthers have strange ideals when considering who is illegible and not; who is natural born and not; whom they investigate and don’t

for consistency, i wish they would delve into romney’s roots and santorum’s italian citizenship

that would also reduce the appearance of racism

perhaps that should be raised in tonight’s “debate”

Arthur February 21, 2012 at 12:00 pm #

Other preferences by John:

1. I would definitely sail on the Titanic long before I would ever sail on the Carpathia.
    2. I would definitely fly on the Hindenburg before I would ever fly on a DC3.
    3. I would definitely buy stock in Enron before I would ever buy stock in Google.

John:

J. Edward Tremlett February 21, 2012 at 12:02 pm #

Now, see, you’re all being too hard on the fellow. What he did showed decisive leadership, courage, and the genius bordering on insanity (or vice versa) that America needs in these challenging times.

Scientist February 21, 2012 at 12:11 pm #

I absolutely support your right to do so. I would find it offensive if anyone attempted to remove Mr Judy from the ballot and prevent you from voting for him. Unfortunately, you and Mr Judy refuse to extend the same respect to those who wish to vote for the President.

By the way, just out of curiosity, have you seen Mr Judy’s birth certificate? Have you seen proof of his parents’ citizenship? If not, on what do you base your vote?

Majority Will February 21, 2012 at 12:32 pm #

John:

I agree with Scientist. That’s your right.

By all means, you and your clan should campaign for him as well as write him in on the general election ballot.

But don’t forget to check his original BC in the vault just in case he’s really a foreign spy.

Paul Pieniezny February 21, 2012 at 1:12 pm #

donna: strange ideals when considering who is illegible

In my birfer novel, David Eisenhower visits London just before WW I, posts himself in front of H Hoover’s home and waits for Hoover to leave his place.

He then goes to ring the bell and asks to see H Hoover on behalf of Isaac Foot. The butler tells him Herbert has just left and advises him to come back tomorrow. But David says he can wait. When left alone, David runs for the phone, calls the Exchange and starts complaining to the operator (in his best Canadian accent) that his number is not in the directory.

The operator: “Why, Mr Hoover, I seem to remember when it was registered your wife gave a reason for not listing in the directory. O here, it is. Oops, I do not understand, it says ‘illegible’ – no idea what that means?

Eisenhower: “Unreadable, I suppose, OK whatever it was, my wife was wrong. I do want to be listed”.

Operator: “You’re welcome. And by the way, Sir, I have a brother who lives in Kansas, in the USA. Last time he came over, he spoke just like you. You are from Canada, aren’t you? Must be close.”

David then congratulates the operator on his knowledge of accents, hangs down the receiver, calls the butler and tells him he will not be waiting for Mr Hoover after all.

And that is how Ike secured his eligibility, knowing full well that in 1952 he would need a precedent on the residence requirement.

Come on, it could be true, just like putting up fake birth announcements in the local papers.

The Candidate February 21, 2012 at 2:06 pm #

I know all of you would love to do 8 years for the same wouldn’t you ..especially in America!

The Candidate February 21, 2012 at 2:12 pm #

Yeah.. Looks like Mitt Romney might have more explaining to do with his religion perhaps overstepping the 1st Amendment seperation clause.

1- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUMFLTpypno

2- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxkUjKnvoXc

Rickey February 21, 2012 at 2:22 pm #

Scientist:

By the way, just out of curiosity, have you seen Mr Judy’s birth certificate?Have you seen proof of his parents’ citizenship?If not, on what do you base your vote?

Let’s see…Cody Judy’s photo shows that he is white. What more proof does John need?

Majority Will February 21, 2012 at 2:28 pm #

The Candidate: . . . so adding a (b) to the end of it is a continued assault on protesting his free speech.

The dancing and glowing red dots all over you will freely speak for themselves.

G February 21, 2012 at 3:12 pm #

Agreed. That pretty much sums it up in a nutshell.

Majority Will: If you yell ” I have a B-O-M” (even without the additional B at the end) at any major airport in the U.S., you will quickly discover one of the common sense limitations of the right to free speech. The dancing and glowing red dots all over you will freely speak for themselves.

Steve February 21, 2012 at 3:28 pm #

Whenever someone says b-o-m in a threatening manner I always think Book of Mormon first. I have no idea what else you should think.

misha February 21, 2012 at 4:00 pm #

The Candidate: Looks like Mitt Romney might have more explaining to do with his religion perhaps overstepping the 1st Amendment seperation clause.

No – just more explaining about a dog tied to the roof of his car, for 12 hours.

Check this out: http://spreadingromney.com/

misha February 21, 2012 at 4:17 pm #

Dr. Conspiracy: And if you don’t think it’s so bad, try robbing a bank using a fake gun.

After I got my paralegal cert from Old Dominion University, I temped at a law firm, writing briefs. They were appealing, pro bono, a conviction for armed robbery. Seems someone the day after his 18th birthday, walked into a convenience store with a toy pistol, and robbed the cashier.

Much hilarity ensued.

misha February 21, 2012 at 4:30 pm #

John: Obama paled around with one of the most violent and ruthless domestic terrorists against America in the 1960s, Bill Aryers. Aryers bombs were REAL and people got hurt.

I’m truly impressed by your encyclopedic knowledge. Would you be so kind as to provide a link to whatever convictions Ayers had?

I’ll save you some time: all charges were dropped. No conviction, no crime. Just read about Kenneth Lay and Enron, if you don’t believe me. Lay and Enron destroyed people’s lives. But hey, these were only white collar criminals, and his father was a Baptist preacher and tractor salesman, so go easy on the guy.

misha February 21, 2012 at 4:48 pm #

The Candidate: Cody’s B.O.M. was real, its The Book Of Mormon abbreviated B.O.M. , so adding a (b) to the end of it is a continued assault on protesting his free speech.

This comment + “Cody Robert Judy for President 2012” = new keyboard and screen.

Also, get help.

misha February 21, 2012 at 4:56 pm #

Majority Will: The dancing and glowing red dots all over you will freely speak for themselves.

Res ipsa loquitur.

Keith February 21, 2012 at 6:23 pm #

misha: “Obama paled around” You have to stop letting Sarah Palin write comments for you.

QFT. Michael Palin would be a better choice.

Majority Will February 21, 2012 at 7:06 pm #

misha: Res ipsa loquitur.

Indeed.

The Candidate February 21, 2012 at 9:21 pm #

😉 Cody wasn’t at the airport. He was in a ” Religious Meeting ” of Mormons who all believe that B.O.M. is at least printed every month in the church magazine called the ‘Ensign” about 100 times.

Why wouldn’t you know this?

Oh yeah, your NOT MORMON.

Why presist explaining away something you have know idea about?

If you watched the video links you understand that this was a ‘religious meeting’ of LDS People.. it was recorded.. and Cody got the shit beat out of him. Now rather than cough up the evidence what did the Church Presidency do, turned it over to the D.A., who showed it to the Judge who denied it to Cody.

End of story.. we have a violation of evidence rules, and a violation of the “State” going into a Church and dictating the definition of cannon scripture. Now how many Churches want the State doing that?

Think about it?

Arthur February 21, 2012 at 10:20 pm #

The Candidate: Why wouldn’t you know this?

Oh yeah, your NOT MORMON

A fact that I thank the F.S.M. for every day.

Majority Will February 21, 2012 at 10:25 pm #

The Candidate: Cody wasn’t at the airport.

It’s terrific that you completely missed the point of my example.

Thanks for confirming what was already known.

SluggoJD February 21, 2012 at 10:39 pm #

John:

It’s amazing you’re able to spell words of 2 or more letters.

The Candidate February 21, 2012 at 10:59 pm #

I mean you guys should be terrified about the willingness of Obama to cover these things up, completely defraud the American elections system and voters demanding a NBC by the doc connecting 50 states, oh I mean 57 for Obama.

His willingness to support the Muslim Brotherhood’s agenda around Israel that amounts to a ‘religious war’ on the side of Islam in the name of ‘spring revolutions. Do you even know whose in charge of Libya now, and your worried about a spelling ‘B’?

Obama’s got his hand on the Nuke buttons now doing pretty much everything he can to destabalize, and you’re thinking Cody’s dangerous for standing up against corruption and standing up for the Constitution?

If you think that’s a bad idea I guess you’re not even playing in the same ball park, and you’d like to let all the people go who are in Government now but playing the criminal parts ?

If you had the story right, Cody wasn’t given a chance and the people who you have elected have had so many chances and never learned to pay the price. Cody’s got more balls and integrity then you’re used to dealing with and your investigative powers are pretty limited to what the media reports.

We all know about that with Obama’s transparency right?

G February 21, 2012 at 11:12 pm #

Oh, the Irony Meters that just exploded with that one!!!

So, you start of with asking for an honest conversation about something completely “relevant”…

…and then go off the rails with a litany of long debunked bogus nonsense…

Sorry, but if you can’t function in reality, then we can’t help you. Go take your meds.

Arthur February 21, 2012 at 11:31 pm #

KA-BOOM!

Luke: What is it Dr. C-Kenobi? What was that noise?
    Dr. C: I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of irony meters swung into the red zone and then were suddenly silenced. I fear someone in Birtherstan has written something so absurdly incongruous that the very fabric of reality is threatened.
    Chewbaca: Grarrrgh!
    Han Solo: You said it, Chewy.
    Luke: [notices a flashing light] … What’s that flashing?
    Han Solo: We’re losing a deflector shield. Go strap yourselves in. I’m going to make the jump to light speed.

Keith February 22, 2012 at 12:01 am #

G: You really are no more credible nor worthy of debate than the typical Flat Earther loon wanting to argue about why the Sun orbits the Earth and insists that everything is only made of either earth, water, fire, wind or quintessence…

I thought that was Schweppervessence.

Arthur February 22, 2012 at 12:07 am #

Keith: I thought that was Schweppervessence.

Don’t you mean Farfegnugen?

John Reilly February 22, 2012 at 12:20 am #

Mr. Candidate: I suggest you get President Obama’s 115 year old social security card and put it up for auction. A 115 year old social security card should be rarer than a Honus Wagner rookie card.

Rickey February 22, 2012 at 1:27 am #

The Candidate:
    Please, can we have an honest conversation about something completely relevant like Obama’s social security card being 115 years old, his law license being revoked because of his failure to admit his Barry Soetoro id from k-14, his complete lack of transparency aboutthe long form fabrication instead of a conversation about what happened to Cody 20 years ago?

In case you missed it, the title of this thread is “Cody Judy: a second chance is not a good idea.” That’s why we’re having a conversation about him.

As for Obama, if his Social Security Number actually had been issued to someone who was born in 1890, it should be easy to identify that person. But in fact no name other than Obama’s has ever been associated with the SSN which has been plastered all over the Internet. So please tell us the name of person the number was actually issued to, and be sure to provide some evidence..

Oh, and his law license was never revoked. And his name wasn’t “Barry Soetoro” from k-14. He was known by that name only while he was living in Indonesia.

If you want to have an honest conversation here, you at least have to get your facts straight.

Dr. Conspiracy February 22, 2012 at 1:32 am #

No, it’s not possible to have an honest conversation about a dishonest premise.

Obama doesn’t have a 115-year-old social-security-card, nor was his law license revoked for any reason. Even if Barack Obama was ever legally named something else (and this is doubtful) it shouldn’t have been put on his bar application because the instructions say to only list names under which the application had practiced law. His birth certificate isn’t fabricated.

I suppose we can have an honest conversation about why your comment is ridiculous.

The Candidate: Please, can we have an honest conversation about something completely relevant like Obama’s social security card being 115 years old, his law license being revoked because of his failure to admit his Barry Soetoro id from k-14, his complete lack of transparency about the long form fabrication instead of a conversation about what happened to Cody 20 years ago?

Dr. Conspiracy February 22, 2012 at 1:37 am #

Not the IPU?

Arthur: A fact that I thank the F.S.M. for every day.

Dr. Conspiracy February 22, 2012 at 1:38 am #

Pure gold.

Arthur: Dr. C: I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of irony meters swung into the red zone and then were suddenly silenced.

Dr. Conspiracy February 22, 2012 at 1:45 am #

This blog has over 1,800 articles on it dealing in the main with nutty claims about Barack Obama. I have one article about Cody Judy, his challenge to Obama’s eligibility and his run for President: Judy earned a .00055 share of the blog’s editorial content. I think .00055 is a reasonable amount of coverage, given Judy’s importance as a candidate and his likelihood of dislodging Obama from the Georgia ballot.

The extraordinary event in Judy’s life, and his subsequent jail time, could hardly be ignored in an article about him.

misha February 22, 2012 at 1:51 am #

misha February 22, 2012 at 1:56 am #

The Candidate: Please, can we have an honest conversation

Spoken like a crackpot, as in all of your other posts.

G February 22, 2012 at 2:32 am #

Considering that Cody Judy is NOT even a candidate on the GA ballot, I’d say you still set his odds of success a few decimal factors too high…

Dr. Conspiracy: I think .00055 is a reasonable amount of coverage, given Judy’s importance as a candidate and his likelihood of dislodging Obama from the Georgia ballot.

G February 22, 2012 at 2:34 am #

Yeah, I figured as much. But I appreciate you being direct and pointing that out.

Also, I agree that there is something extremely off and odd about folks who resort to referencing themselves in the thrid person…

misha: I hope everyone here realizes that The Candidate and Cody Judy are the same person.I’m always impressed when people talk about themselves in the third person. Bob Dole was very good at it when he ran for prez, and even better when he was on SNL after the election.

John Potter February 22, 2012 at 3:03 am #

Of course we can, “Candidate”! Those memes are completely relevant to a blog about Obama conspiracy theories. Go ahead, you start ….
    __________

Candidate: “John, have you hard about Obama’s social security card being 115 years old, his law license being revoked because of his failure to admit his Barry Soetoro identity, his fabrication of the long form birth certificate?”

John: “Yes, yes, I have, Candidate, those and many others! Hysterical stuff, right?!? Even funnier that some people take those jokes seriously!!! …. Well, be seeing you” (not).
    ___________

There you go, “Candidate”, an honest conversation about something completely relevant like Obama’s social security card being 115 years old, his law license being revoked because of his failure to admit his Barry Soetoro id from k-14, his complete lack of transparency about the long form fabrication instead of a conversation about what happened to Cody 20 years ago.

(Way to troll that concern, bub.)

Steve February 22, 2012 at 8:44 am #

At leasst Cody has not asked for any donations like I have seen him do on other blogs.

The Candidate February 22, 2012 at 3:49 pm #

Wow! Reading those comments I really felt like I was on a low flying aircraft about ready to hit the side of a Mountain.

It’s really nice to see some people defending others when they ‘believe’ the facts are wrong. I’ll give you that.

I suppose it is an incredible thing to contemplate Obama being wiped off the ballot for not being a natural born citizen after 3 years of being in the White House.

One of them is letting the whole Democratic Party go down in flames.

The other isolating Obama as one person in the Democratic Party and circling the wagons around someone who actually was standing up for the United States Constitution in the Democratic Party which has been a tradition with Civil Rights remember?

Which one makes more sense?

The Democratic Party has always been a great one about including people, protesting things that were not right, standing up for the individual. I have to wonder if some here have looked in the mirror lately and seen ridicule and exclusion as common party behavior. What happened? Obama?

I appreciate Dr. Conspiracy’s thoughts.

G February 22, 2012 at 5:42 pm #

Delusions much???

You are NOT even on the GA ballot.

If you seriously think your appeals of the GA SoS decision have a snowball’s chance of removing Obama from the GA ballot, then you truly are unable to face reality…

The Candidate: Of course if that happens in Georgia I’m sure like the Democrats will have to round all you folks up and say, ” Listen, we don’t have too many people left in the Democratic Party that weren’t on the coat tails of Obama. Obama now is gone, and Cody being a Democrat we have two choices.

gorefan February 22, 2012 at 6:03 pm #

You want serious.

First, there is no proof that the President is using a ssn from someone born 115 years ago.

Second, he did not lose his law license because he used the name SOetoro from k-14.

Third, the long form is not a fabrication so what transparency are you expecting.

Whatever4 February 23, 2012 at 12:32 pm #

The Candidate:

Sure, meet me over in the Open thread.