A small item appeared on the Associated Press wire yesterday, stating that the Sun City West posse commander told its members to cease operations, after they discovered that there was no insurance coverage on those Crown Victoria surplus police cruisers with county plates that the posse members had been driving. Note that all the posse cars have county license plates, not just the Cold Case Posse cars.
At this time, Sun City West is the only posse to suspend operations, according Sheriff Arpaio, but others may follow, at least until the insurance issue gets sorted out.
- SCW Posse suspends operations – Arizona NewsZap
- Posse activities suspended indefinitely – Your West Valley
- Halted posse operation in West Valley stirs confusion – Arizona Central (video)
- Sun City West Posse web site
- BREAKING, UPDATE: Posses Not Carrying Insurance On Vehicles Caused Grounding; County Trying To Help MCSO Find Insurance Company; Grounding NOT Prompted By Shot Posse Member – Arizona’s Politics
- Maricopa County Patrol Activities – MCSO Press Release