Congressman questions IRS Commissioner about Obama’s birth certificate

Rep. Lloyd Doggett of Texas questions IRS Commissioner John Koskinen about the lost Lois Lerner emails and other things:

Doggett: I believe that there has been a long-term commitment to hamstring, to encumber, to underfund the Internal Revenue Service, and discredit it, and the whole concept of progressive taxation in this country. Now let me ask you, to the seriousness of this investigation, and sir, have you ever been in Benghazi?

Koskinen: No.

Doggett: Do you know if you or Ms. Lerner have ever had any responsibility for anything having to do with Benghazi and our embassy there?

Koskinen: No.

Doggett: How about Area 51 out in Roswell, New Mexico, where all those space aliens allegedly came. Have you ever had any responsibility for that?

Koskinen: No.

Doggett: Have you ever had custody of the President’s birth certificate?

Koskinen: No.

Doggett: Well, Commissioner, I believe one of the mistakes you’ve made in dealing with the Committee today is that you did assume professionally this was a serious inquiry. I believe it is an endless conspiracy theory that’s involved here that is being exploited solely for political purposes. I don’t approve of Ms. Lerner. I don’t approve of the way the IRS handled all these matters. But I think there is a much larger cover-up issue here. And it is the desire of our Republican colleagues cover up these purported social welfare organizations that don’t want to disclose the secret corporate campaign contributions that they rely on to pollute our democracy.

H/t to Birther Report.

Print Friendly

, , ,

11 Responses to Congressman questions IRS Commissioner about Obama’s birth certificate

Joey June 22, 2014 at 6:25 pm #

See? I told you that you couldn’t look away from Birther Report! Just try to ignore them and you will fail. BR is the gift that keeps on giving.

Arthur June 22, 2014 at 7:13 pm #

I haven’t seen the headline at BR yet, but I imagine it goes something like this:

“BREAKING: Dogget goes there! Congressman connects the dots between IRS and Obama’s fake B.C.”

roadburner June 22, 2014 at 8:28 pm #

sounds like he´s pretty pissed about how the GOP has been acting this last 5+ years

not surprising though

Andrew Vrba, PmG June 22, 2014 at 8:56 pm #

I see this as one of those old timey radio ads.

Are you a politician?
    Are you tired of where you are in life?
    Does the thought of retiring with dignity not appeal to you in the least?
    Have you decided that being grounded in reality, is for squares and Communists?
    If you answered “Yes!”, then consider giving “birtherism” a try! The sure-fire way to end your political career with an inglorious whimper!

alg June 22, 2014 at 11:22 pm #

Nothing says it quite so good as sarcasm.

Dr. Conspiracy June 23, 2014 at 12:12 am #

Arthur:

The headline is:

Twofer; Two Unhinged Dem Reps Brought Up Obama’s Felony ID Fraud At IRS Hearing

And yes, they used a semicolon.

Jim F June 23, 2014 at 4:51 am #

You should have told us at the beginning that Rep Doggett is a Dem. That would have saved me the trouble of reading the transcript 3 times.

The Magic M (not logged in) June 23, 2014 at 5:29 am #

Dr. Conspiracy: The headline is:

Twofer

I thought “twofer” meant someone espousing the “two citizen parent” theory.

DCH June 24, 2014 at 9:17 am #

“I thought “twofer” meant someone espousing the “two citizen parent” theory.”

I think Magic M just coined a new birther term for us.

Well played!

Dr. Conspiracy June 24, 2014 at 9:52 am #

It’s been in this site’s glossary for 5 years:

DCH: From now on we can use the term “twofer” as short hand for the entire birther school built around “that the POTUS must be the child of two-citizen parent legal theory”

99999 00000