Question for commenters:
Put the old HTML comment editor back in, or leave the current WSYWIG comment editor, or try something else? The new one allows easier creation of hyperlinks, but it also doesn’t work sometimes (e.g. blockquotes), and it slows down display of the pages significantly. Please comment below.
You may have noticed several things different about the blog today.
- I finally got that blue border around the pictures removed. I hated it, but nothing I did up until today had any effect.
- The main page of Obama Conspiracy Theories is now a “Post” instead of a “Page”. This means you can scroll down now to see the latest articles.
- The News tab at the top of the page is gone (it wasn’t being maintained and got stale).
- The About tab at the top of the page is gone too, but that’s the same page that is now the top article when you enter.
- “More” links are being added to articles. When you see a list of articles from clicking on a topic, or visiting the Home page, you may see a “more” link, and the article stops. This way I get more information on a page with less scrolling, and allow the reader to “drill down” just on the items they want to read.
- Pingbacks have been implemented. You may start to see short comments appear that look like this one. This means someone has written an article (using compatible blogging software) that links to my article. Clicking on the article name will take you to the other article so I/you can see what others are saying. Now what this means is that any time my article links to The Betrayal or Dr. Orly or anyone else, my software will attempt to notify theirs that they have been linked to. So this is a grand experiment. Obama Conspiracy Theories is all about communication, and this promotes that goal.
All these to make the site easier to view and to use.
The irony of all this (I hope) is that now that I have the site tuned up and the way I want it, we’re near the end of interest in this topic.
I hope your right but I honestly don’t think this bunch is going to quit if Doc Orly has anything to say about it.
Good to see you at the other site.
… speaking of Orly, she quoted Lee Iacocca (who just released his new book!):
‘Am I the only guy in this country who’s fed up with what’s happening? Where the hell is our outrage? We should be screaming bloody murder! We’ve got a gang of clueless bozos steering our ship of state right over a cliff, we’ve got corporate gangsters stealing us blind, and we can’t even clean up after a hurricane much less build a hybrid car. But instead of getting mad, everyone sits around and nods their heads when the politicians say, ‘Stay the course’.
I guess she didn’t realize that ‘stay the course’ was a Bush-ism.
One commenter said : ‘awesome post! Lee is a smart guy! Did anyone contact him??? Maybe he can get us some publicity to get the word out about Obama being a bogus POTUS!?’
Then someone with a brain said :
‘First, his book came out two years ago/ Second, here’s Mr. Iacocca on President Obama’s inaugural speech: http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2009/01/20/views-lee-iacocca-on-obamas-speech/ Just a guess, but I think he likes him.’
I hate to do this, but more laughs can be found here : http://drorly.blogspot.com/2009/01/where-have-all-leaders-gone-by-lee.html
“The irony of all this (I hope) is that now that I have the site tuned up and the way I want it, we’re near the end of interest in this topic.”
Boy was I ever wrong!