The Americans for a Better Tomorrow, Tomorrow Super PAC (that can collect and spend unlimited amounts of money in support of candidates) has released its third ad in the South Carolina primary battle.
I know that the second ad has motivated many South Carolinians who had planned not to vote in Saturday’s Republican primary, to vote. I’m one of them. Here’s the new ad:
Colbert is a genius!
I almost died laughing at the sausages.
ROTFLMAO!!! Me too. The sausage making ending was the best! The voice sounds like Sam Elliot.
Can’t wait to see both Stewart & Colbert’s shows again tonight as they talk up this one!
Kudos to them for truly knowing how to fight fire with fire and going after the absurdity of Super-PACs with one of their own! They truly are some of the most brilliant political satirists of our time!
I agree–and this might be their idea of A Modest Proposal…
Best of all, the Republicans can’t complain without implying Citizens United was a bad ruling.
Oh, and trust me, the GOP has been complaining about it… or at least their Presidential Candidates have – a good chunk of Monday night’s debate was spent on the topic, as they accused each other’s Super-PACs of being the problem and complaining about how unfair they are.
Heck, Romney even came out directly and pretty much said that Super-PACs were a bad thing and needed to go away…
I want to make a point on this. Anyone who thinks Stephen and John are skirting the law with this shtick are missing the main item. Stephen is exploring a potential run for “President of South Carolina”.
Since that is not an actual federal office, and campaign finance laws are not applicable.
They are only under the SuperPAC laws, which allow them to do whatever they want with the money, and I’m glad of that.
1) There is NO room for a third party
2) Representatives earn a fair salary, the benefits and pensions are common within the government
3) Taking trips and vacations and cash from lobbyists are not bribes
4) Hiring my entire family with PAC money is totally above board
5) Whether or not I attend meeting is irrelevant, I’m always thinking of your business
6) Tax cuts (for the rich) do not create jobs, cutting spending on social safety nets does
7) Wars are good for business (My kids can’t go, they have REAL jobs)
8) Sure my wife sits on a few Boards, her “Life” experience makes her qualified
9) No I am not having an affair with my super hot aid who travels with me ( it’s her boyfriend!!!)
10) – – – – -please add one or two of your own ideas which they both agree on- – – – –
Paying fines with PAC $$$, not a problem.