Antibirtherish

Composed in commemoration of the “Walk Like an Egyptian” million-person march on Washington, DC, September 9, 2013, with apologies to Hughes Mearns.

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a birther who wasn’t there
He wasn’t there again today
I wish, I wish he’d go away…

A million strong were called to be,
The birthers waiting there for me
But when I looked around the Mall
I couldn’t see them there at all!
Go away, go away, don’t you come back any more!
Go away, go away, and please don’t slam the door… (slam!)

Rallies, marches everywhere
Teem with birthers who aren’t there
They weren’t there again today.
Oh, how I wish they’d go away

Read more:

10 Responses to Antibirtherish

1. Andrew Vrba, PmG September 10, 2013 at 9:23 am  (Quote) #

I read this and thought “Man who sold the world”.
    Apparently I wasn’t off by much.

2. mrheuss September 10, 2013 at 9:41 am  (Quote) #

This made me laugh quite a bit. Bravo, and well done.

3. Rickey September 10, 2013 at 10:01 am  (Quote) #

Very clever and apropos.

4. Thomas Brown September 10, 2013 at 11:12 am  (Quote) #

Looks like they took your advice!

5. Greenfinches September 10, 2013 at 1:04 pm  (Quote) #

mrheuss: This made me laugh quite a bit. Bravo, and well done.

seconded!!!

6. Andrew Vrba, PmG September 10, 2013 at 1:53 pm  (Quote) #

Just goes to show that any army can be a million strong, all you need is your… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4sUPvDZfog

7. Kiwiwriter September 10, 2013 at 5:17 pm  (Quote) #

Well done.

Now, I want to hear how the birthers explain this absolute fiasco.

Let me guess…the Freemasons wrecked the transmissions of the buses carrying the millions to Washington…

8. Daniel September 10, 2013 at 5:28 pm  (Quote) #

Kiwiwriter:
    Well done.

Now, I want to hear how the birthers explain this absolute fiasco.

Actually they’re blaming us. Apparently we were so nasty we skeered people away

9. JPotter September 10, 2013 at 8:43 pm  (Quote) #

Daniel: Actually they’re blaming us. Apparently we were so nasty we skeered people away

You know, it takes true conviction and fiber to be willing to take a public stand for your beliefs. To endure public scorn on principle.

And the sum total of birthery fiber was on display … 😛

10. G September 10, 2013 at 9:35 pm  (Quote) #

Ditto! So well done, Dr. C! Bravo x1000

mrheuss:
    This made me laugh quite a bit. Bravo, and well done.