Douglas Vogt filed something (not sure what to call it) with the US District Court for the Western District of Washington alleging various crimes relating to his claim that Obama’s birth certificate is a forgery. Vogt includes an Affidavit, Attachment and Exhibits that purport to demonstrate 20 marks of forgery in the President’s birth certificate. Four images of the certificate have been published: a PDF file on the White House web site, a higher-resolution image from the Associated Press, and two mobile phone camera snapshots (#1, #2) Tweeted by White House correspondent Savannah Guthrie. The last 3 are in JPG format.
I thought it would be neat to harness the power of the anti-birther community in a massively-parallel crowd-sourced debunking of Vogt’s 20 points. So pick one of his points and debunk it in a comment below. Please begin your comment with the point number and be as rigorous as you can. Readers (even birthers) may expand or critique what’s already written. If you would like an image hosted here, email it to me as an attachment to “admin@” this site’s domain and I will return a hyperlink to you.
When it’s all done, I’ll put the compilation into final form and of course add a link to the result in “The Debunker’s Guide to Obama Conspiracy Theories.”
For reference, here are the 20 points (short versions). Be sure to review the long versions in the Affidavit for more detail:
1. The first proof of forgery is a forged Registrar’s stamp on the Obama Certification of Live Birth (the short form or abstract) created on or before June 12, 2008;
2. The second proof of forgery is the fact that the registration date on the COLB cannot be August 8, 1961 but must be August 11, 1961;
3. The third point of forgery is the Birth Certificate number on the COLB is out of sequence for a registration date of August 8, 1961;
4. The forth point of forgery is that there was no evidence of an embossed Hawaiian Department of Health (DOH) seal on the COLB and that NBC journalist Savannah Guthrie publicly misrepresented that fact to advance her carrier;
5. The fifth point of forgery is that the size of the COLB is wrong if it was truly a photocopy of the original;
6. The sixth point of forgery on the COLB is that the age of Barack Hussein Obama, Senior was wrong;
7. The seventh point of forgery is that the typewriter type appearance on the COLB, with holes and notches in the letters, is not what it should look like if it was a copy of a copy of an original;
8. The eighth point of forgery is the “white halo” surrounding the text on the COLBs not caused by the copier but caused by unsharp mask, a feature in Adobe Photoshop and evidence of computer manipulation;
9. The ninth point of forgery is the 150 dpi of the background color of the PDF version of the COLB where as the other layers on the PDF were 200 and 300 dpi. This is evidence of computer manipulation.
10. The tenth point of forgery is the inconsistent line spacing on the COLB which a manual typewriter would not do;
11. The eleventh point of forgery is the inconsistencies of the left-hand margins on the COLB. I compared Obama’s COLB to twelve (12) legitimate COLBs acquired from Hawaii none of them illustrated the same random left-hand margins;
12. The twelfth point of forgery is lower case letters found above the baseline – an impossibility on a manual typewriter;
13. The thirteenth point of forgery is that the word spacing on the COLB does not fit a six point grid across the entire length of the form line;
14. The fourteenth point of forgery is the inconsistent placement of the punctuation (commas) which should be in the exact same place all the time;
15. The fifteenth point of forgery is the “kerning” on the COLB is impossible to obtain with a manual typewriter;
16. The sixteenth point of forgery is that the “letter spacing” throughout the COLB is demonstrably the result of a cut and past job except for some very common words that were lifted from other COLBs;
17. The seventeenth point of forgery is that there are sixteen (16) different typewriter fonts or size differences on the COLB which is impossible if the Hospital used only one typewriter to type up Obama’s COLB;
18. The eighteenth point of forgery is that the Obama’s COLB was not perfectly flat on the glass when the forger scanned it so some of the lines are slightly curved up on the left-hand side starting from box line 7a down to about box line 13. The problem is that the typewriter line is straight but the form line below slightly curves down so we see a half to one point difference where there should be no difference;
19. The nineteenth point of forgery is the manifest errors on the Registrar’s stamp on Obama’s COLB that should not be there but was put there deliberately. The reason and significance of those errors are explained in the accompanying Sealed Affidavit of Douglas Vogt;
20. The twenty-first (sic) point of forgery is the use of “JBIG2 compression” on the PDF version of the COLB which is evidence of computer manipulation to cover-up the bad letter placement and multiple typefaces used by the forger.