I suppose most of my readers have already heard about this. Judge Snow called an emergency session of court Friday after learning that some 50 hard drives of material related to Dennis Montgomery and the “Seattle Operation” still hadn’t been turned over to the Court Monitor. Further some 1,500 IDs (presumably drivers licenses, etc. confiscated by the office during traffic stops) were slated for destruction before Judge Snow ordered them turned over to the Monitor. These identify potential plaintiffs in the Melendres v. Arpaio class action lawsuit.
Six federal marshals went to the Sheriff’s Office and took possession of the material.
- Snow Orders Arpaio To Cough Up New Montgomery Files And 1,500 Seized Ids To The U.S. Marshal– Phoenix New Times
- Judge Chastises Arpaio’s Lawyers for Withholding Records – Associated Press
- Judge sends marshals to seize evidence from Sheriff Arpaio – Arizona Republic
- Judge Orders US Marshals To Seize MCSO Records – KJZZ
- Angry judge treats Sheriff Arpaio like a deadbeat dad – Arizona Republic