In a statement which can only be described as Taitzesque, Tennessee attorney Van R. Irion1 has published a remarkable document attacking the courts in Georgia as “corrupt2”. Irion further says that there will be an appeal to the Georgia Supreme Court of his recent Fulton County Superior Court loss of a ballot challenge (he’s asking for donations).
Following is the text from the Liberty Legal Foundation website. Since they are trying to publicize this material, I think reproduction of the text is not something they would object to. The reader will no doubt understand that this is only one side of the story.
So much has happened recently demonstrating the lack of honor in our judicial system that I’m now forced to review these incidents in bullet point format:
- The President’s attorney dishonors the Georgia Administrative Court by sending a letter directly to the Secretary of State requesting the executive branch of Georgia to take a lawsuit away from the judicial branch.
- The President and his attorney dishonor the Georgia Administrative court again by violating that court’s order to appear.
- The Georgia Administrative Court refuses to forward Liberty Legal Foundation’s motion for contempt [link to motion] to the Georgia Supreme Court, despite Georgia law leaving the Administrative court no discretion on this matter.
- The Georgia Administrative court refuses to even respond to correspondence regarding our motion for contempt.
- The Georgia Superior Court fails to comment on the motion for contempt or require the Administrative court to forward records, as required by law.
- The Georgia Superior Court Clerk initially refuses to file LLF’s appeal document, then backs down after being instructed on the law.
- The Georgia Superior Court Clerk refuses to file LLF’s emergency motion for preliminary injunction because $1 was not included with our filing. Then, when LLF hand delivers $1 to the clerk, the clerk sits on the motion for 10 days and mails it back to LLF claiming that the correct staffer didn’t get the $1. Our plaintiff gave the case number, name of the motion, and name of the staffer, who was literally pointed at in the room. Yet the clerk’s office still claims that that staffer didn’t get the $1. The motion had to be completely re-filed and was then delayed another two days before finally being filed.
- The Chief Judge of the Superior Court was made aware of all of the incidents occurring in her Clerk’s office, yet she did nothing to correct the situation.
- The President’s motion to dismiss was filed on his first attempt. After three days the Court notified LLF that the Court had shortened the time to file an opposition to that motion, giving us less than a day to file.
- Late that same day the Chief Judge signs an order denying LLF’s motion to have Van Irion admitted as a visiting attorney in this case, preventing LLF from filing the opposition that the Court had ordered us to file 6 hours earlier. (Note that I’ve been admitted as a visiting attorney in 5 states and at every level of court, both state and federal. I’ve never been denied admission before. Further, my local attorney sponsor was a sitting member of the state’s legislature, making this denial even more shocking.) Even more outrageous is the timing of the denial, made just hours before a Court-set deadline, after the Court sat on our motion for more than two weeks.
- The Georgia Secretary of State has, to date, refused to forward the record of the case to the Superior Court, despite Georgia law absolutely requiring this action and requiring that it be done as soon as possible.
- The Superior Court does nothing to require the Secretary of State to forward the record of the case.
- Only 90 minutes after our plaintiff files an opposition himself (because LLF was denied the ability to file it for him), the Chief Judge issues a three-page opinion granting Obama’s motion to dismiss our appeal. It seems obvious that the Court’s opinion was written before they asked us to file an opposition. Also, the dismissal was granted while the Court had not even received the record of the hearing held by the lower court. In other words, it ruled without even reviewing the record or reading our plaintiff’s opposition.
Our system of government is based upon an assumption that the people placed in high office are honorable. This is an absolute requirement for the survival of our nation. The Founding Fathers understood that when dishonorable people begin to take high office, the system of government they set into motion would begin to fail. Unfortunately America’s judicial system is proving this principle.
These are just the incidents associated with our Georgia case and we are not discussing the substance of the breathtakingly absurd rulings from any of these courts. Without needing to discuss judicial rulings, the incidents cited here demonstrate the harassment, bias, and lack of honor in the administrative operation of our courts. This bias effectively prevents those on one side of an issue to have basic access to the courts.In other words, the courts are now barring specific viewpoints from entering the front doors of the court. When we do get through we are harassed by means of the timing of orders and one-sided enforcement of procedural requirements.
Georgia is an example of what is happening across our country. Laws are being blatantly ignored by those in high office, while other laws are being used to punish their political opponents. This type of corruption reflects the practices historically found in third world nations, dictatorships, and communist tyrannies. Freedom cannot survive where such practices go unpunished.
Yet it is practically impossible to punish individuals holding high office. This is why such individuals must have honor, allowing them to resist their own selfish temptations. Unfortunately America’s high offices are now populated by corrupt people with no moral compass. Our leaders have no honor. Our Founding Fathers are being proven correct, once again.
Our opponents are trying to frustrate and exhaust us to the point that we will give up. They don’t want their bias and dishonor to be seen in the light of day. The corrupt individuals in high office are harassing us for our efforts. This tells us that we are having an effect. Even when we don’t win a legal battle, our efforts shine the light of truth on their corruption. That corruption is responding by lashing out at us.
1I am attributing this text to Van R. Irion since he is the founder of the Liberty Legal Foundation (See About menu on the site) and other web sites show the same text with his signature attached.
2One might argue that Irion didn’t actually say in exactly those words that the Georgia courts are corrupt, but he uses the word “corrupt” and “corruption” several times in this document about the Georgia courts. I don’t think anyone could honestly deny that he called the Georgia courts corrupt.
it seems he found insults a winning way, good luck with that!
By “Our Founding Fathers” is SLRC Board member Van R. Irion referring to President Jefferson Davis and Generals Robert E. Lee and Thomas J. “Stonewall” Jackson?
Mr. Irion… Why are courts only corrupt when YOU lose?
i wonder how much money the states/localities have garnered from these lawsuits and challenges
the judges/election committees get paid whether there are suits/challenges or not but the fees are big bucks
taitz has complained of paying THOUSANDS for certified copies
“it seems he found insults a winning way, good luck with that!”
it appears that the right has lost all acts of decorum and respect of the president and the courts
what happened to “may it please the court”?
newt said if he is elected President, he will send federal marshals to arrest and imprison judges who rule in behalf of the separation of church and state
a federal judge thought an email was funny that indicated obama’s mother had sex with animals
“Article III is designed to guarantee independence from people like Gingrich so that judges can rule in favor of the Constitution and, yes, at times take positions disliked by the majority.”
i ALWAYS think of how these things look to people looking in – we’re supposed to have the best judicial system and preach that to others – in other countries these “disrespecters” would be beheadded
“The Georgia Superior Court Clerk refuses to file LLF’s emergency motion for preliminary injunction because $1 was not included with our filing. Then, when LLF hand delivers $1 to the clerk, the clerk sits on the motion for 10 days and mails it back to LLF claiming that the correct staffer didn’t get the $1.”
So why didn’t you just show them your receipt? Because, certainly, as a lawyer, you’re savvy enough to have gotten a receipt when you handed over your $1, right???
It has been a setup and ambush by the Georgia courts to the birthers. To hoot and hell with law and Kemp, Mahili, Jabonski, and the Appeals Court have orchestrated the whole things. I do not anticipate the Georgia State Supreme Court remedying the situation. It appears Georgia is now dead in the water. Perhaps, birthers can try again after Obama is nominated to try to keep him off the General Election Ballot.
When I was about 8 years old, my brothers and I played back yard baseball with a neighbor kid named Jerome. Jerome wasn’t that good at hitting the wiffle ball with the plastic bat we used. I guess none of us were, really. We were children, not athletes.
At any rate, whenever Jerome was up at bat, every time he missed, he would yell “I WASN’T READY! THAT DIDN’T COUNT!” Over and over. I guess it didn’t count until he actually hit. Jerome was not nearly as charitable when we missed on our swings.
Birthers kinda remind me of that. Endless swings and misses, but instead of accepting that their cases suck, they blame the courts.
Carl Swennson is not happy either. This jackass Joe Arpaio and his band of morons are fanning the flames of idiocy. One of these days one of these mentally unstable losers is going to do something unfortunate.
Apparently Irion believes it’s the judge’s fault that he sued the wrong person (Obama) rather than the proper party (the SoS). It’s also apparently the judge’s fault that Irion was unable to read the Georgia laws.
June 10th, 2009.
The president has gone out of his way to address Birther “concerns.”
Hey Van. Do you want some cheese with that whine?
It seems to me that Judge Wright was right to deny van Irion’s Pro Hac Vice motion. Hatfield should be happy…
How is it that an actual attorney does not understand that an Administrative Law Hearing is not an Article 3 court, i.e. not part of the judicial branch? Judge Malihi’s hearing was part of the executive branch of Georgia, not the judicial branch.
The executive branch of Georgia can hardly take a case away from itself.
Why do you think Obama will not let any interested person see his original birth certificate? its just that he seems to be going to a lot of effort and money ( some of which I’m sure is from we the tax payers) to keep it hidden. all politics aside, it just seems odd to me.
I’ve seen it.
That’s not up to him. That’s up to the state of HI.
Are you new at Birfin’ or something?
C’mon redd. You can concern troll better than that. Your comments on Taitz’s blog are very funny. Thanks for the laugh.
RuhRoh, are you really saying that if the president wanted a copy of his bc that he could not get one?
He got several.
No, I said no such thing. You asked about the ORIGINAL.
And that has been Red’s entire modus operandi for months. Switching the goalpost in mid play and expecting the other side not to see it.
No mention of the Malihi Iranian nuclear weapons connection…and well below the requisite number of commas.
I apologize for this being long – and I am sure not many will make it to the end – but I realized something important reading Mr. Van Irion’s letter. I took the time to document it out – and I am thinking of selling this formula on late night informercials.
If you always wanted to be a lawyer but just never made it out of high school – or –
if you are a lawyer but just have had a really disappointing practice…
And if you hate to do your own research and write your own briefs…
And if you hate snobby, elitist sound reasoning in your arguments…
And you just want some cash…
Then follow these steps:
1. Establish your credentials:
Don’t worry – this isn’t about having to extend much effort. Join free republic for a month or so screaming about “FartBongo”, “Usurper” and “ObamaCare”. For bonus “stye” points – make a few references to “Moochelle” and comment on how angry she looks. Quote the founding father’s saying highly dubious things – such as “George Washington was thinking specifically about grenade launchers when he authored the second ammendment. Anyone who says otherwise is a dimmocrat.” Your handle should reference something patriotic – like EagleScreamer38. Meanwhile, cut and paste forum posts into note pad – this will serve later as your evidence.
Post on Orly’s site. Tell her she’s doing a great job.
2. Establish your non profit
The name must contain Liberty, or Patriot, or Freedom. Whether or not the non profit is legit is entirely up to you – mainly since you are going to use PayPal to solicit your donations in your personal name – and your marks won’t be thrown however hokey and questionable the process looks.
3. Pick a state
It doesn’t matter if it has already had a primary or not – that isn’t the point. Just target a state. Only caveat – if you ARE an attorney, make sure the state is one in which you are NOT licensed to practice.
4. The press release.
State on your site that you are going to file a lawsuit against the usurper – but you need to raise funds. Pick an arbitrary number – it should be enough to cover your rent for a few months, your DSL connection, your groceries – and maybe that larger monitor you’ve had your eye on. Times that number by ten. Oh – and to keep everything kosher – pick up a box of paper from Sam’s. Don’t worry about covering travel or filing fees unless your are feeling extra perky – most of these “cases” never require you to leave your house.
On free republic – post a link to your press release – and without acknowledging that this is you – post that you donated $500 to this cause. This is the yeast that should start the donation process. Make sure this is echoed on the birther ping lists.
6. Getting more publicity
Post on your website that you’ve raised 2/3rds of the money you need, and extoll people to do their part in putting the tyrant out on the street. It doesn’t matter is it is true or not. Words such as “Obama will be out of office in 30 days” always seems to work. Cite your “new evidence”. In fact, those cut and pastes should have become, by virtue of aging, affidavits by now. Note that black SUVs have been seen circling your house, air has been let out of your bicycle tires, and your roses were anonymously trampled over the night. “Probably Jack Booted thugs”. Claim you seem to remember brietbart having the same thing happen to him. Don’t worry about veracity- no one will double check your claims.
Once this is done – go to Orly’s website and ask her to work with yourself – again – not mentioning it is you – maybe she can use some of her donations to put you over the top?
This should, if done correctly – be enough to get orly to start screaming about you to the end of time. All her hard work. Support her. Where is the money going? That will take care of the publicity – and should be enough for you to meet your goal.
7. File the lawsuit
That’s what the paper is for. Your goal is to use the whole box on this one filing – and make sure you file the suit after windows for filing have expired. Send all your cut and pastes to a printer, call it a lawsuit, and file it against whomever you want. Just make sure that you sue someone who isn’t really involved, or has no power to remedy anything alleged. Make up a liberal sounding organization. Put the words Secretary of in front of any noun. Don’t worry about serving any one – and remember – you don’t need to worry about filing fees – “forget” them so you can claim the clerk lost the check. It buys you time, and sets the stage for the next round of fundraising.
If you end up not using the whole box of paper – just keep printing anything from Mario Apuzzo’s website. It kinda sounds scholarly – and you can refer to him as a leading constitutional expert. It is important that you go for bulk – so as not to have any of your donor’s actually attempt to read it. You want to talk number of pages alot. This is how you’ll be measured in the birther world. “His was thing long”, they’ll say, nodding knowingly.
Everything else is just gravy. Post a lot of complaints about the court system – using words like “corrupt”, “stalin” and “treason”. The real action takes place on your website, where you’ll have to spend a few minutes every day – in between watching old dukes of hazard reruns – posting a random complaint about someone attempting to thwart you.
When your case is just dismissed – citing the numerous defects – you can always post a letter like Van Irion did.
This process can be repeated, and one could make a pretty decent living. When the birther gig eventually runs out, you always can move to maricopa county and run for sheriff.
Very clever! And uncannily accurate!
What do you mean by original birth certificate? A certified copy or the actual vault document? We all have seen a certified copy of the original with all the necessary trimmings, showing president Obama born on US soil, as certified by his mother and the attending physician and properly filed with the DOH.
Of course not, we have already seen a certified certificate during the 2008 election cycle and the long form, more recently. Both show that President Obama is natural born.
The COLB was available for in camera inspection and at least one organization took actual photographs. The Long Form was presented and at least one attending reporter Savannah Guthrie, took photographs.
Instead, Arpaio looked at compression artifacts in copies of these documents… Sigh…. Not very smart if you ask me…
They can’t even seem to understand simple concepts like “Full Faith and Credit” and “innocent until proven guilty”. What you’re suggesting is sorta like asking a student to solve for x in the equation “5x + 3 = 18” when they can’t even figure out simple addition.
Hey, I got to the end. Nice bit of writing. I still have doubts about how much money there is in birthering, just because there’s nothing published.
Doc, Carl Swenson has also made threats today:
Hmmm.. you speak as if Orly’s 75 million birther prediction might be a tad off. And perhaps this insight might be simply my own conspiracy theory.
Well done! What makes it so brilliantly funny is how much it completely mirrors the truth in these matters!!!
I bow to you, good sir!
Van Irion just can’t accept that the reason his screeching was ignored at the Superior Court and why they didn’t need the case transcripts is because the Court decided that Malihi (and the Secretary of State) were wrong to even hold the hearing in the first place, making what actually happened at the hearing irrelevant.
Note the pseudo-timeline:
1. Challenges filed by the Birther Parade.
2. Secretary of State refers challenges to the ALJ.
3. Jablonski files a Motion to Dismiss arguing that under Georgia law and 2008 precedent, there is no jurisdiction to hear such a challenge <— note to birthers – this is an important step.
4. Malihi Denies to Motion to Dismiss, and also denies an attempt to quash a number of subpoenas.
5. Jablonski sends a letter to the SoS, reminding him that in 2008, the Georgia Supreme Court ruled in a similar anti-Obama case that the SoS has no authority to interfere with Presidential elections re: ballot access. The SoS rejects this argument and gets a little threats ("Skip the hearing at your peril…")
6. The hearing happens. Obama's counsel skips it. Birthers lose anyway. All hail the empty chair!
7. Birthers appeal to Superior Court, naming Obama the defendant rather than the Secretary of State.
8. Jablonski files a near-identical Motion to Dismiss, pointing out that the hearing should never have happened in the first place, based on Georgia law and 2008 precedent. <— Note to birthers, again this is the important part.
9. While the birthers prepare for their appeal of Malihi's ruling on the merits…
10. The Superior Court agrees with Jablonski, saying that Malihi never should have held the hearing and that he was wrong to deny the original Motion to Dismiss. This ends the case, and sets it back to as if the entire hearing never happened.
No need to review the transcript because in a legal sense at this point there was no hearing. Essentially, everything that happened after Step 4 didn't happen. Replace Step 4 with "Malihi grants Motion to Dismiss, case over".
IMO, Secretary of State Kemp had to know this would happen. He was not SoS in 2008 but Jablonski made him away of the precedent here, and it's unlikely the SoS didn't ask the Attorney General about the issue and was likely told what would happen. However, I think the SoS decided to play a bit of political theater – even if, in the end, a court ruled his actions as wrong (which one finally did), the fallout from any ruling against Obama, even if it was later overturned, would score political points against the President. You can't un-ring the bell as they say, in the court of public opinion. So he decided to go ahead with the referral for a hearing, because for him it was a no-lose situation.